The PermaFLOW Never Clog Drain is a unique device that prevents clogs by allowing the homeowner to twist a dial to move the clog through the pipes. It’s designed to help easily remove the drain buildup before it becomes a problem and removes the need for plungers, drain cleaners, and of course disassembly of the drain. The shape of the PermaFLOW Self Cleaning Drain is designed to increases turbulence which helps reduce the continuous and typical buildup of dirt and debris, preventing blocked drains.
When the drain does eventually become clogged, the PermaFLOW Drain has a wiper mechanism that cleans the trap. Turning the dial to the three o’clock wiper position provides an emergency bypass option for water flow through the upper chamber, thereby reducing downtime. The PermaFLOW Drain works with standard size drains in both kitchen and bath sinks (1-1/2″ pipes). It can easily replace new or existing p-traps.
The PermaFLOW is clear, so you can actually see the dirt buildup as it occurs. The only negative, of course, is that you also get to share in the wonderful slime and muck build-up as it occurs. With that said, the system allows for a constant water flow and thus the issues commonly associated with traditional stagnant traps are reduced or eliminated. We really like the Rescue mode where you set the trap such that anything lost within can be easily removed from the pipe. There’s no telling how well it works with hair which tends to tangle around just about anything. Still, the system offers several modes for suctioning and surging water to remove even stubborn debris. It’s certainly an innovative product and we want to support and encourage anything that proves to be adventurous and meet a potential need. This systems seems more applicable for problematic commercial use rather than for the home. In either case it may serve to save time and energy for persons who have repeated problems with clogged traps and drains.
- Saves Money – Unlike the common P-trap, PermaFLOW prevents clog build-up and eliminates the cumbersome work of “clean-out” traps as well as the need for secondary maintenance products and processes such as dangerous drain cleaners, frustrating plunging, drain disassembly, and snaking.
- Safe, Environment Friendly – PermaFLOW safely ends the need for hazardous drain-cleaning chemicals and the associated personal safety and environmental issues. Opening the drain is no longer necessary reducing the hazards of exposure to sewer gases.
- Reduces Downtime – PermaFLOW is transparent for quick diagnosis of potential problems. Turning the dial to the three o’clock wiper position provides an emergency bypass option for water flow through the upper chamber. The dial turns an internal wiper to remove any build-up and provides an emergency bypass for continuous flow through the upper chamber, thereby reducing downtime.
- Supports Water Conservation - With the focus water conservation and increased use of low flow rate faucets, PermaFLOW facilitates efficient removal of stagnant debris in the trap area. Since these chemicals are no longer required, gray water pollution is reduced and it is available for recycling.
- Assists with Easy Retrieval of Items – Accidentally dropped items (jewelry, toys, coffee stirs etc) can be easily seen and removed. The dial helps retrieve accidentally dropped jewelry through the sink from the nine o’clock wiper position.
About PF WaterWorks
PF WaterWorks is a product development and manufacturing company targeting ‘GREEN’ drain management. With a focus on respect for customer’s time, effort and money and the commitment to help improve our environment, PF WaterWorks offers innovative, eco-friendly and convenient products to improve self-sufficiency in the residential, commercial, industrial and hospitality sectors.