When is Amazon Prime Day? July 12th and 13th 2022!
Every year we want to know—exactly when is Amazon Prime Day? This year, Amazon Prime Day happens on July 12-13 (we know—that’s two days). Every year proves to have its own share of crazy good deals. While most of the attention goes to Amazon Kindle deals, Amazon Fire Tablets, earbuds, and TV deals, we pay attention to the Best Amazon Prime Day Power Tool Deals. This year we want to let our readers know what to keep their eyes on.
With the housing market heading towards even more difficulties, finding ways to save some money seems like a good thing. We’ve noticed general shipment delays as well as issues related to the chip shortage and other supply issues. Anyone who rejoiced to see the PS5 by invitation request knows what we’re talking about!
Last year, Amazon Prime Day occurred in late June. This year, however, Amazon has it back where it typically occurred prior to the events of 2020.
2022 Amazon Prime Day Power Tool Deals
We got ahold of some excellent Amazon Prime Day Power Tool Deals. These are some products we’ve spotted already up on the site. We’ll update these on Prime Day to get you the latest deals and pricing.
- Makita 12V Max CXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 3/8-Inch Driver-Drill Kit (FD09R1) – $84
- DEWALT 20V MAX XR Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit, Variable Speed (DCS356D1) – $119
- Greenworks 40V 12-Inch Cordless Chainsaw With 2.0Ah Battery And Charger – $101.99
- BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI (BTFP02012) – $129
- DEWALT 20V Max XR Cordless Router, Brushless, Tool Only (DCW600B) – $142.94
- SKIL 15 Amp 7-1/4 Inch Circular Saw with Single Beam Laser Guide – 5280-01 – $39.98
- Stanley – SL18116P Wet/Dry Vacuum, 6 Gallon, 4 Horsepower Black – $67.97
- BLACK+DECKER MOUSE 1.2 Amp Electric Detail Sander (BDEMS600) – $39
- DIAFIELD 1850W Heat Gun Variable Temperature Settings – $21.97
- DEWALT 20V Max Cordless Drill / Driver Kit, Compact, 1/2-Inch (DCD771C2) – $99
- DEWALT 20V Max Cordless 2-Tool Drill/Impact Combo Kit (DCK240C2) – $159
- Oregon Gatorline 1-pound Round String Trimmer Line of .080-inches x 413-ft – $14.41
- Oregon Precision Lawnmower Blade Balancer – $8.49
- Oregon Universal Chainsaw Field Sharpening Kit – $15.29
Popular Amazon Prime Electronics Deals
- Fire Stick with Alexa Voice and Remote with TV controls: $16.99 (58% off)
- Echo Dot (4th Gen) With FREE Sengled Smart Bulb: $19.99 (69% off)
- Insignia 24-inch HD Smart Fire TV: $89.99 (47% off)
- Insignia 32-inch HD Smart Fire TV: $99.99 (44% off)
- Amazon Fire TV 55-inch Omni Series 4K UHD smart TV, hands-free with Alexa: $299.99 (46% off)
- Amazon Fire TV 43-inch 4-Series 4K UHD smart TV: $199.99 (46% off)
- Amazon Fire TV 50-inch 4-Series 4K UHD smart TV: $259.99 (45% off)
- Amazon Fire TV 55-inch 4-Series 4K UHD smart TV: $284.99 (45% off)
- Toshiba 75-inch M550-Series 4K UHD Smart Fire TV: $699.99 (50% off)
- Pioneer 43-inch 4K UHD Smart TV: $199.99 (37% off)
- Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen) – $79.99 (or less)
- Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen) Kids – $89.99 (or less)
- Kindle Paperwhite – $139.99 (or less)
- Amazon Glow with Tangram Bits – $329.98 (or less)
- Halo Band – $44.99 (or less)
- Luna Controller – $69.99 (or less)
- Fire 7 Tablet (2019 release) – $49.99 (or less)
- Echo Dot (4th Gen) with a Free Smart Bulb – $99.99 (or less)
- Ring Alarm Security Kit 8-Piece (2nd Gen) – $249.99 (or less)
- Blink Video Doorbell – $49.99 (or less)
- eero mesh WiFi router – $69 (or less)
- Xgimi MoGo Pro 300 lumen 1080p Portable Projector – $399 (save $100)
- Xgimi Halo 800 lumen 1080p Portable Projector – $599 ($150 off)
- Xgimi Horizon 2200 lumen 1080p Projector w/HK speakers – $899 (save $100)
- Xgimi Horizon Pro 2200 lumen 4K Projector w/HK speakers – $1615 ($284 off)
- Xgimi Elfin 1080p mini Projector w/HK speakers – $479 (save $170)
- Xgimi Aura 2400 lumen 4K Ultra Short-throw Laser Projector – $2379 ($420 off)
- Donner DED-300 Electric Drum Set – $400 (save $100)
- VEIKK VK1200 11.6-inch Drawing Monitor/Pad with 2 pens – $175.99 ($45 off)
- Nokia G50 5G Smart Phone w/48MP camera – $239.99 ($60 off)
Power Stations, Power Centers, and UPS Deals
- EcoFlow Delta Pro 3600Wh Portable Power Station – $3199 (save $400)
- EcoFlow Delta Mini 882Wh Power Station – $749 (save $250)
- EcoFlow River 288Wh Power Station – $229 (save $229)
- EcoFlow River Mini 210Wh Power Station – $199 (save $150)
- Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station – $769 (30% OFF)
- Jackery Explorer 300 Portable Power Station – $209.99 (30% OFF)
- Jackery SolarSaga 100W Solar Panel – $209.99 (30% OFF)
- Jackery Solar Generator 2000 Pro (with TWO 200W solar panels) – $2699 (25% OFF)
Household Amazon Prime Day Deals
- SimpliSafe 9 Piece Wireless Home Security System w/HD Camera – $299.99
- Shark NV360 Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe Upright Vacuum – $189.95
- BLACK+DECKER dustbuster Cordless Handheld Vacuum – $39.99
- August Wi-Fi, (4th Generation) Smart Lock – Fits Existing Deadbolts – $218.87
- Kasa WiFi Smart Home Plug 4-pk – Works with Alexa, Echo, Google Home & IFTTT – $26.99
- Wyze Lock WiFi & Bluetooth Enabled Smart Door Lock, Wireless & Keyless Entry – $129.98
- Home Office Chair Ergonomic Desk Chair Mesh Computer Chair with Lumbar Support – $29.99
- Vitamix Professional Series 750 64oz Blender – $629.95
- Kasa Smart Dimmer Switch HS220, Single Pole – $17.99
- BLACK+DECKER POWERSERIES+ 16V MAX Cordless Stick Vacuum with LED – $104.99
- Ninja DZ401 Foodi 10 Quart 6-in-1 DualZone XL 2-Basket Air Fryer – $199.99
- Amazon Brand – Rivet Revolve Modern Leather Armchair with Tapered Legs – $249.99
- KitchenAid Full-Size Stainless Steel Dish Rack, Light Grey – $61.99
- Shark AV752 ION Robot Vacuum, with Tri-Brush System, Wi-Fi – $198.94
- Amazon Basics 3.2 Quart Compact Multi-Functional Digital Air Fryer – $81.99
- Ninja NJ601AMZ 1000W Professional Blender – $99.99
- Amazon 14pc Kitchen Knife Block Set, High-Carbon Stainless Steel Blades – $34.99
- T-fal FR8000 Stainless Steel Deep Fryer with Basket, 2.6-Pound – $150.72
- Amazon Solid Wood Saddle-Seat Kitchen Counter Barstools (Set of 2) – $68.80
- Amazon Non-Stick Cookware Set, Pots, Pans, and Utensils – 15-Piece Set – $65.41
- Patio Furniture Sets Outdoor Rattan Wicker Bistro Set Chair (3 Pieces, Black and Beige) – $75.99
- Dreo Inverter 8000 BTU Window AC Unit – $407.99 (Save 15%)
- Dreo 6.8qt Air Fryer w/LED touchscreen – $107.99
Check back here often—and especially on July 12th and 13th—for our Top Amazon Prime Day Power Tool Deal Picks
(We’ll update this page throughout the day as we see new deals)
What Power Tool Deals We Recommend for Amazon Prime Day
Because we deal with hundreds of tools and interface with many different retailers, we plan to evaluate each of the recommended Amazon Prime Day power tool deals before adding it to this page. While we may toss in a few of our favorite electronics deals, we want to specialize in Amazon Prime Day power tool deals. These and similar items that might appeal to the construction professional, tradesman, or serious DIYer will be our focus.
Amazon Prime Day often offers the lowest prices of the year. Since companies like DeWalt, Skil Tools, Craftsman Tools, and Makita have dedicated Amazon storefronts, we expect to see some opportunities to save some money there.
Why Amazon Prime Day is Good for Tool Deals
Based on historic Amazon Prime Day deals, we’ve seen discounts on electronics of up to 55% off. Given the recent spate of shipping delays, cargo delays, and staffing difficulties, power tool manufacturers WANT to piggyback off anything that can drive sales. We think this year’s Amazon Prime Day sale should prove the best ever for power tool deals.
Amazon created Prime Day back in 2015 as a custom seasonal holiday just for them. They offer a full 48-hour period of deals and discounts specifically targeting Amazon Prime members. Not a member? Sign up here—it’s totally worth it:
Since then, Amazon Prime Day discounts have consistently beat their pricing at any other time of the year. That includes Black Friday and Christmas sales. It really IS the best time to shop on Amazon if you can hold out long enough.
How to Find the Best Prime Day Power Tool Deals
The first rule of Amazon Prime Day power tool deals is…everyone piggybacks off Amazon! Unless you’ve been shopping recently and know your lowest prices, compare the deals on Amazon Prime Day with other retailers like Home Depot and Acme Tools. Often, these retailers try to price-match Amazon and even offer additional savings, free tools, or rebates.
Remember, Christmas is several months away. Amazon picked mid-year to create their own “holiday”. No retailer in their right mind would want to miss out on an opportunity to get into the black earlier than November! For that reason, do a lot of comparison shopping.
How Long Does Amazon Prime Day Last?
While Amazon Prime Day 2022 will last 48 hours (same as always), that doesn’t mean all deals last that long. Case in point—Amazon lightning deals. These deals last either for a limited time or until a certain number of products sell through.
That means you may want to have a window open with these deals showing while you browse. Lightning deals can include tools, accessories, and other items useful for DIYers and tradesmen. Typically, these represent a legitimate limited-time savings.
Deal Alerts and Automation
If you REALLY want to maximize your chance of scoring some Amazon Prime Day power tool deals, consider automation. You have two very specific ways you can easily set this up.
First, set up your mobile app so that you can look at upcoming deals and click “Watch This Deal” to get an alert when it goes live. This sets up an alert to let you know when the deal is live and you can purchase it. With Amazon Prime Day, this feature means the difference between getting some great deals and missing them!
Second, consider using Alexa to alert you to any deals you might be interested in. Alexa can report daily deals—which we like a lot. However, a newer feature lets Alexa give you feedback on any products you track or watch in the app. This feature works with any of the later-generation Echo Dot (4th gen) or Echo Show (2nd gen or higher) products with Alexa built-in. It can also watch products for a drop in price that you add to your cart or a Wish List.
To turn it on, open up the Alexa app. Navigate to More > Settings > Notifications and click on Amazon Shopping. Look for “Shopping Recommendations” and enable the Deal Recommendations.
Of course, if you find you want to buy one of these devices, you’re likely to pay a little more than what they cost during the Amazon Prime Day sale! Might still be worth it!
Is Amazon Prime Day Worth the Prime Membership?
We love Amazon Prime for its free shipping and also the streaming media content. The service costs either $139/year or $14.99. You also get a free 30-day trial if you want to check it out before having to pay. To take advantage of Amazon Prime Day deals, you have to be a Prime Member.
Since you get a free 30-day trial, sign up no sooner than June 18th. That ensures your trial extends through Prime Day.
Watch Out for Fake Amazon Reviews
When hunting for tools deals on Amazon Prime Day, be sure to watch out for fake user reviews. This seems to be the bane of Amazon’s existence these days—and they don’t do a great job keeping them at bay. With that being the case, we recommend you use either FakeSpot or ReviewMeta (less strict). These sites use algorithms to detect fake reviews and remove them. They also recalculate a more accurate rating for any Amazon product along with the company overall. Both exist as a web app, smart phone app, or browser extension.
See a DEAL that we missed? Found a good deal somewhere else? Let us know in the comments below so we can add it!