Simpson Pressure Washer: Powershot PS4240
As we move towards the dog days of summer, those pressure washing projects your clients have lined up for you need to get done. Somewhere in the space between big, cumbersome high-power and entry-level gas models sits the Simpson pressure washer, model PS4240.
Honda GX Engine Performance
As part of their Powershot line, this Simpson pressure washer is capable of delivering up to 4200 PSI and 4.0 gallons per minute of water. Simpson takes advantage of Honda’s HX390 engine. It bumps the price up, but the reliability of Honda’s GX engines borders on legendary.
Small Frame, Big Performance
The performance specifications put this model right on the edge of having to move up to a large frame and that’s where it has one of its biggest advantages. By being able to call on 4200 PSI without going to a large footprint, you keep a more convenient level of portability into more jobs than your 3000 PSI unit.
The frame is made from welded steel, so you can expect it to last a long time. Simpson is confident enough to warranty the frame for 10 years. If you’re taking notes, they also give you 5 years on the triplex pump and 3 years on the engine.
Simpson Pressure Washer Key Features
- 4200 PSI @ 4.0 GPM
- HONDA GX390 engine with low oil shutdown
- AAA Industrial triplex plunger pump
- Monster Hose 3/8″ x 50′ is kink and abrasion resistant with quick connect
- Ergonomic spray gun designed for comfort and control
- 5 Quick connect nozzle tips: 0°, 15°, 25°, 40° and Soap
- Heavy-duty welded steel construction with steel axle frame
- 13″ Premium pneumatic tires
Price and Placement
The Simpson PS4240 is not in the same class as the $300 units you might pick up in a pinch at your local big box store. Retail prices are running in the $1100 range, though I have seen some prices dip below $1000 from a handful of retailers. That puts it squarely in the Pro market, leaving us with the question of how well it performs.
For that, I’ll turn it over to our team at OPE Reviews where they’ve had the chance to put the PowerShot PS4240 through its paces and give it a 4.4-star rating.
Simpson Pressure Washer Specifications
- Model: Powershot PS4240
- PSI: 4200
- GPM: 4.0
- Engine: HONDA GX390 engine with low oil shutdown
- Pump: AAA Industrial triplex plunger pump
- Pump/Hose Connection: Quick connect
- Hose: Monster Hose 3/8″ x 50′ steel-braided hose
- Gun/Hose Connection: Quick connect
- Wand: 31″ Steel with quick connect and threaded M22 connection
- Nozzles: 0°, 15°, 25°, 40° and Soap
- Frame: Heavy duty welded steel construction with steel axle frame
- Tires: 13″ Premium pneumatic
- Includes: Hose, Gun, Wand, 5 Quick connect nozzle tips, Detergent siphon tube with filter, Engine oil, Quick start set up guide, Owner’s manual
- Warranty: 3 Year limited engine, 5 Year limited pump, 10 Year limited frame, 90 Day limited accessory
- Price: $929.00
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $929.00Was: $979.00
- SIMPSON Cleaning ALH4240 Aluminum Gas Pressure Washer Powered by Honda GX390, 4200 PSI @ 4.0 GPM, RedPrice: $1,199.00Was: $1,299.00