Crescent Pipe Wrench Evolves to Lose Weight, Improve Bite
Crescent Pipe Wrench Line Now Includes Lighter Weight, Angled Attack Options
One of the coolest new tools we saw at STAFDA 2019 in Nashville comes from Crescent. New Crescent pipe wrench models now include lighter options and others with a more versatile angle of attack.
On the lightweight side of things, 5 of the new Crescent pipe wrench models have aluminum handles to reduce weight up to 40%. When I picked one up at the show, it was impressive just how light it was compared to what I was expecting. You can snag aluminum handle pipe wrenches in 10″ slim jaw, 14″, 14″ long handle, 18″, and 24″ lengths.
Your next Cresent pipe wrench might have an overbite, and that’s a good thing. With K9 jaws, these models are able to bite in at an angle up to 30º. Try that with your current pipe wrench! You can get K9 Jaws on 5 of the new models in 14″ and 18″ lengths.
While I really like the aluminum handles, it’s the K9 jaw models that I’m really excited about. Being able to reach into spaces at a steeper angle than other pipe wrenches is a huge advantage. Luckily, 3 of the K9 models also have aluminum handles, giving you the best of both worlds.
Crescent Pipe Wrench Models
- 10” Cast Iron Straight Pipe Wrench w/ Slim Jaw (CIPW10S)
- 10” Aluminum Straight Pipe Wrench w/ Slim Jaw (CAPW10S)
- 12” Steel Self-Adjusting Wrench (CPW12S)
- 12” Steel Self-Adjusting Wrench w/ Grip (CPW12)
- 14” Cast Iron Straight Pipe Wrench w/ K9 Jaws (CIPW14)
- 14” Aluminum Straight Pipe Wrench w/ K9 Jaws (CAPW14)
- 14” Aluminum Straight Pipe Wrench w/ K9 Jaws & Long Handle (CAPW14L)
- 18” Cast Iron Straight Pipe Wrench w/ K9 Jaws (CIPW18)
- 18” Aluminum Straight Pipe Wrench w/ K9 Jaws (CAPW18)
- 16” Steel Self-Adjusting Wrench (CPW16S)
- 24” Aluminum Straight Pipe Wrench (CAPW24L)
Which ones will make the biggest difference on your next job? Let us know in the comments below!