Measuring an angle and transferring it to a miter saw is challenging, usually resulting in an imprecise fit and an unsightly gap. But the recently introduced Bora MiteriX angle measuring and duplicator tool strives to change that.
The MiteriX accurately measures all inside and outside angles, allowing the craftsman to set miter saws for precise cuts. Furniture builders, trim carpenters, and anyone who needs to negotiate miters will want to take a closer look at this $40 accessory.
The design of the MiteriX is compelling for miter saw work and it earned a 2016 Pro Tool Innovation Award.
“The great feature of the BORA MiteriX is you can measure an existing angle on a piece of furniture or the inside or outside corner of a wall, and then transfer that exact angle to your miter saw. For example, if you’re cutting crown molding, cornice molding, wood casing, base board, or trim for a wall, and the angle you need isn’t a perfect, preset angle, this tool will save you hours of frustration and will ensure you cut it right the first time.”
– Todd Gluski, Brand Manager of BORA’s parent company Affinity Tool Works
- Get a perfect angle every time – specifically designed to ensure that your miter cuts are at the perfect angle
- Measure, lock, then transfer – You use the tool to measure the exact miter angle you need (right on your piece), then lock it, and transfer that exact angle to your Miter saw
- Works with any angle – measures internal or external angles from 0 – 180 degrees (miter angle from 0-90 degrees)
- Easy storage – collapsible and foldable for easy storage in your tool box
- Lifetime warranty – this angle finder will be a mainstay in your workshop for years
- Available for purchase September 2016
- Weight: 0.6 pounds
- Length: 7.5″
- Width: 2″
- Height: 15″
- Price: $40
The Bottom Line
It takes a skilled craftsman to create perfect angles. Few of us ever get to work in environments where that kind of precision exists naturally. So, we have to adjust. We put trim on imperfect walls that went up on imperfect framing—so that all our clients see is a perfect results. It’s the finish work that makes or breaks the client’s expectations. Being able to measure exact angles to transfer to our miter saw cuts helps us hide or fix what’s less than perfect. The Bora MiteriX simply makes the process easy and precise, so we’re not wasting money on extra material or time on call backs.
To learn more about Bora MiteriX Angle Measuring And Duplicator Tool, visit their webpage.