Husqvarna String Trimmer Model 525LS
The power to weight ratio is exceptionally good with the Husqvarna 525LS string trimmer, and a great value at just over $300.
We recently had the opportunity to take one of the new Husqvarna string trimmer models out for a spin. Model 525LS weighs in at just a bit over 10 lbs and packs 1.34 horsepower from the 25.4cc motor. This straight shaft professional model features an aluminum shaft and a heavy-duty bevel gear on the trimmer head. We ran the new Husqvarna string trimmer through a bunch of thick, angry Bahia grass to put it through its paces.
Husqvarna String Trimmer Top Features
Power to Weight Ratio
The first thing we noticed about the 525LS was its power to weight ratio. At 10.4 lbs, it’s a little surprising that it cuts as well as it does. It feels light and balanced. As we approached the overgrown Bahia, the prevailing sentiment was that we were definitely going to overload the string trimmer. But, using the included .095 titanium line, the twin lines cut through the worst of it with relative ease. We did eventually bog it down, but to be fair, we really went out of our way to make it happen.
We also really like the vibration dampening feature on the new Husqvarna string trimmer. After a few hours of use, our hands weren’t still buzzing when we finally quit. Rubber isolators keep vibrations from running through the shaft and handles which helps a lot with fatigue issues. The ergonomics might leave a little something to be desired, but the vibration control is outstanding.
Get the Complete Picture
The new Husqvarna string trimmer will fit in well on most professional lawn rigs. For such a lightweight and balanced trimmer, the 525LS handles overgrowth and tougher grass really well. Of course, tougher applications might jam it up, but for the vast majority of lawn trimming, you’ll benefit from this trimmer’s weight and vibration control.
For the full review of this Husqvarna String Trimmer, check out what Tim Johnson has to say over at Outdoor Power Equipment Reviews.
- Intuitive controls – choke and purge are easy to reach and understand
- Auto return stop switch – automatically reset to the on position for easier starts
- Air purge – removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easier starting
- Stand alone starter – easier starter cord changes
- Heavy-duty grass bevel gear
- Metal skid plate
- Efficient air filter
- Tap ‘N Go
Husqvarna String Trimmer Specs
- Model: 525LS
- Weight (excl. cutting equipment): 10.14 lbs
- Tube length: 58.39 in
- Tube diameter: 0.94 in
- Cylinder displacement: 25.4 cm³
- Power output: 1.34 hp
- Maximum power speed: 8500 rpm
- Fuel tank volume: 17.25 fl oz
- Fuel consumption: 600 g/kWh
- Torque, max.: 1.2 Nm
- Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) left handle: 3 m/s²
- Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) right handle: 2.8 m/s²
- Gear ratio: 19
- Drive gear angle: 30 °
- Sound pressure level at operators ear: 98 dB(A)
- Sound power level, guaranteed (LWA): 107 dB(A)
- Price: $319.95