Diablo 7-1/4″ Cermet Blade: Cut Stainless Steel with Your Circular Saw
One of the best new accessories we saw at STAFDA 2018 is the Diablo 7-1/4″ Cermet blade. Cermet is a contraction born from ceramic and metal to create a multi-material tooth that’s capable of cutting through metal – including stainless steel.
- Cermet (ceramic and metal) tooth construction
- Cuts through metal, including stainless steel
- Use on any standard circular saw up to 5800 RPM
- $29.97 for 7-1/4″, 48T
The 7-1/4″ size isn’t the first in the line. We reviewed one of the original 14″ Cermet blades a while back and its performance is impressive, to say the least.
One of the limitations on the larger blade is that it’s designed for cold cut chop saws running 1800 RPM or less. Who makes a 7-1/4″ saw with that low an RPM?
What makes the Diablo 7-1/4″ Cermet blade so attractive is that it’s able to run up to 5800 RPM. In other words, your standard wood-cutting circular saw is now a metal cutting saw, even if it’s cordless.
Think about the implications of that for a second. Diablo just gave you a $30 option to avoid having to purchase a second saw specifically designed for metal cutting.
That’s great if it can do the job. In a demonstration, the 7-1/4″ blade made 50 cuts in stainless steel pipe and still had life left in the blade. In fact, Diablo tells us that they are getting up to 100 cuts in their internal testing. The saw they used was the Makita 5007 that you can pick up for a little over $100.
Diablo 7-1/4″ Cermet Blade Features
- Cermet (Ceramic and Metallic) teeth provide a high heat tolerance and increased hardness for superior wear and impact resistance; lasting up to 5X longer than standard carbide metal cutting saw blades
- Triple Chip Tooth design provides fewer sparks, burr-free finishes that require no-rework, and longer cutting life
- Advanced Laser Cut Stabilizer Vents trap noise and vibration for maximum stability, keeping the blade cool for straight, accurate cuts in metal cutting applications
- Tri-Metal Shock Resistant Brazing, a three metal brazing system, allows Cermet teeth to withstand extreme impact for maximum durability
- Laser Cut Thin Kerf Design provides less resistance and heat build-up for ease of cut, accuracy and long cutting life in metal cutting applications
- Perma-SHIELD non-stick coating resists heat build-up by protecting the blade against gumming and corrosion
- Laser Cut Arbor reduces vibration and premature wear for accurate blade rotation when in use on the saw
- 1/16”-1/4” wall thickness in steel studs, angle iron, flat bar, channel, and EMT conduit
- 1/16”-1/4” wall thickness in plate and bar stock
- 1/4″-1” diameter threaded rod
Diablo Cermet Blade Available Sizes
- 5-3/8″ (10mm or 20mm arbor)
- 7-1/4 (5/8″ and 20mm arbors)
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $45.37Was: $98.09
- Price: $70.87Was: $150.04