Ridgid StrutSlayr – Strut Your Stuff Without the Prefab
Ridgid StrutSlayr Cuts Strut to Size in 5 Seconds or Less in the Field
The new Ridgid StrutSlayr is a strut shear head designed to help you make cuts in the field. Using the Ridgid RP 340 or RP 330 Press Tools as a power source, its claim to fame is the ability to make clean, square, burr-free cuts in 5 seconds or less.
- Cuts in 5 seconds or less
- Uses the Ridgid RP 340 or RP 330 Press Tool
- Compatible with 1-5/8″ and 13/16″ strut
- Not for use with stainless strut
- Lifetime warranty
- Price: $945 kit
Normally, cutting strut happens in the prefab process back at the shop. Field cuts are usually best with a portable band saw and some folks might turn to a grinder or even a reciprocating saw. By attaching a Ridgid StrutSlayr to your RP 340 or 330, you get prefab quality without having to go back to the shop—and Ridgid is staking its claim as the first mobile solution to accomplish it.
The head is compatible with 13/16″, 1-5/8″, and combo quick-change dies, cutting up to 12-gauge mild steel. If you’re working with stainless strut, you’re going to have to go back to other methods—the StrutSlayr isn’t designed to cut it.
A built-in measuring guide helps eliminate some of the guesswork and you can mount it on a TriStand if you have one handy.
“In the past, when contractors were working with strut in the field, they have either had to make cuts with tools not designed for strut or make additional trips to the fab shop for more cut strut. Either way, pros had to choose between quality cuts or getting the job done quickly. With Ridgid StrutSlayr, contractors get both quality and efficiency. They don’t have to sacrifice a thing.”
— Mitch Barton, Director of Marketing for Global Press Connections at Ridgid
Emerson also owns Greenlee, makers of the 30T shear that’s a beast on strut. With that kind of competency available in the group, we expect the Ridgid StrutSlayr to be a solid tool for field use.
Expect the head and die kits to run $965 as they make their way to retailers. We’re left with just one question, though… why not put the “e” in StrutSlayr?
We may never know.
Ridgid StrutSlayr Specifications
- 64053: Head, case, 13/16″ die
- 64058: Head, case, 1-5/8″ die
- 64063: Head, case, combo die
- 64118: StrutSlayr head
- Compatible Press Tool: Ridgid RP 340
- Cutting Capacity: Up to 12 gauge mild steel (not for use with stainless)
- Compatibility: 1-5/8″ x 1-5/8″ or 1-5/8″ x 13/16″ strut channel (MFMA-4 standard)
- Weight: 12 pounds, not including the press tool
- Accuracy: +/- 2º
- Available Dies: 1-5/8″ x 1-5/8″, 1-5/8″ x 13/16″, and combo die
- Warranty: Lifetime
- Price: $965