Jet 1020 BT Drum Sander: Compact Size, Premium Features
Jet 1020 BT Drum Sander Packs Premium Features in a Compact Benchtop Design
Jet’s latest drum sander focuses on premium features packed into a compact benchtop design and replaces the 10-20PLUS model. The Jet 1020 BT drum sander takes up just 27″ x 18″ and weighs 73 pounds.
- Model: JWDS-1020
- Replaces 10-20PLUS model
- 10″ single-pass capacity (20″ two-pass) for material 1/32″ to 3″ thick
- 1 HP motor with 0–10 FPS belt speed
- Die-cast aluminum and steel construction
- Open arm design
- Pull-through conveyor design
- $899.99 with a 3-year warranty
Jet turns to die-cast aluminum and steel to house a 1 HP motor and keep the system’s vibration to a minimum. That motor turns the drum up to 1725 RPM with belt speeds infinitely variable between 0 and 10 FPS. Thanks to an open-ended design, you can run 1/32″ to 3″ thick material up to 10″ wide in one pass or catch 20″ with two.
The sander’s hood gets an updated design with an integrated channel to direct sawdust and debris more effectively. When you connect the 4″ dust port to a Jet Cyclone dust collector, you’re looking at 97% collection efficiency. Jet recommends at least 550 CFM for dust collection.
The conveyor design features a pull-through design that gives you a smoother sanding action while reducing the strain on the belt. The parallelism adjustment dial for the conveyor has a stop, letting you quickly get the conveyor bed back to a flat position.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $1,099.99Was: $1,200.00
- Price: $359.99
- Large depth scale
- Depth reference scale
- 1/16″ per turn precision crank
- Self-cooling aluminum drum
- Tool-free abrasive take-up fasteners
- Integrated circuit breaker
- 80-grit sandpaper included (36–220 grit also available from Jet)
Jet 10-20PLUS and 1020 BT Visual Comparison
Retail price on the Jet 1020 BT drum sander is $899.99 and the prices we’re seeing online are right on par with that figure.
Jet 1020 BT Drum Sander Specifications
- Model: Jet JWDS-1020 (item 723510)
- Motor: 1 HP, 115V single phase
- Drum Length: 10″
- Drum Speed: 1725 RPM
- Belt Speed: 0 – 10 FPM
- Material Thickness Range: 1/32″ to 3″
- Warranty: 3 years
- Price: $899.99