Ryobi P508 18V Brushless Circular Saw
Scheduled to launch in November 2017, the Ryobi P508 18V Brushless Circular Saw will provide longer run times, more power, and longer motor life. It comes packaged with a 7-1/4″ 24 Tooth Ultra-Thin kerf carbide-tipped blade. The new Ryobi P508 will have the capability to bevel cut between 0-56°. Released on Ryobi’s 18V One+ battery platform, this circular saw promises better performance when coupled with Lithium+ HP batteries.
Ryobi Upgrades From P507
This iteration of the Ryobi line of cordless circular saw sees a few new upgrades, the main one being the integration of a brushless motor. Brushless motors run longer, provide more power, and have longer lifespans than their brushed counterparts.
Ryobi made visibility a priority with this new model. This new circular saw features an LED light that illuminates the cut line while eliminating any shadows. A dust blower keeps the cut line from becoming obscured by debris. The Ryobi P508 also features a left-mount blade for maximum cut line visibility… unless you’re a southpaw.
As far as blades go, this circular saw moves up to a 7-1/4″ blade from 6-1/2″. The additional diameter helps give it a 26% increase in cut capacity.
Ryobi tells us that the P508 enjoys an ergonomic design for increased comfort during sustained usage. Both the handle and the pommel employ Ryobo’s micro-textured Gripzone overmold.
Ryobi upgraded and upsized this model from the P507, which we found was no slouch at its price point and class. The Ryobi P508 looks like a better product all around, though to be fair, the P507 is a couple years older. Obviously, the brushless motor is a big upgrade. Compatibility with the Ryobi’s Lithium+ HP 4.0Ah battery extends the performance and runtime of the saw over and above the One+ 1.3Ah and 1.5Ah batteries, though the saw should run well enough on any one of them. Ryobi also increased the size on this model as well. Moving from 6-1/2″ to 7-1/4″ provides 26% more cutting capacity, which never hurts.
The price with this model doubles the last model’s. But if the P508 brings better performance with the upgrades, the price might not be a huge sticking point. And it’s still less expensive than other comparable circular saws on the market. It is, however, still missing the rafter hook. As a tool for DIYers and maintenance crews already running the One+ system, this purchase should be a no-brainer.
Ryobi P508 Features
- 26% Increased Cut Capacity
- Brushless motor provides longer runtime, more power, and longer motor life
- LED light illuminates cut line, eliminating shadows for a precise cut line view
- Full-size 7-1/4” blade for maximum cut capacity and blade variety
- Spindle lock for quick and easy blade changes
- 24T Ultra Thin Kerf Carbide-Tipped Blade for fast, clean cuts
- Compatible with LITHIUM+ HP batteries for even better performance
- GRIPZONE™ overmold with microtexture for optimum grip and user comfort
- 0–56° bevel cut capacity allows user the ability to cut the most common and complex angles
- Left-mount blade for maximum cut line visibility
- Dust blower keeps cut line clear and visible
- On-board wrench storage for fast, convenient blade changes
- Front pommel handle with overmold for 2-handed operation
- Ergonomic design increases user comfort during prolonged use
- Warranty: 3-Year
- MSRP: $119
- Available: November 2017