Klein Tone and Probe Test and Trace Kit VDV500-705
Klein Test and Trace Kit Highlights Simple Multifunctionality
The Klein Tone and Probe Test and Trace Kit gives users an inexpensive inroad to a variety of VDV installation tasks. It tackles toning and tracing, as well as wire map testing of non-energized wire. And, while all of this functionality sounds like a lot to pack into one unit, Klein seems to have designed this test kit with ease-of-use in mind.
- Model: VDV770-855
- Multifunctional: tone generator, wire tracing, continuity check, pin-to-pin wire mapping
- Tone generator traces wire when used with probe
- Probe features non-metallic, conductive tip
- Includes alligator clips for unterminated wire
- Includes RJ45 to RJ45 test cable
- Toner and probe together perform pin to pin wire map test on RJ45 terminated cables
- Work light
- Headphone jack and adjustable volume control
- Drop tested to 3 meters
- Warranty: 2 years
- Price: $42.99
In creating this kit, we wanted to provide a simple-to-use device that was also multi-functional. This kit functions not only as a tone generator and wire tracing probe for non-active wire runs, but also performs pin-to-pin wire mapping testing.
—Karen Alpan, product manager with Klein Tools
The Klein Tone and Probe Test and Trace Kit ticks a lot of boxes for such a simple kit. Let’s start with wire tracing. This unit features a tone generator that works with the probe to give you an audio indication of where you’re at with your unterminated wire tracing. The probe features a non-metallic conductive tip and a work light.
You can adjust the volume on the tone generator via the dial on the side of the probe. However, you also have a headphone jack available for more discreet tone generating in noisy environments.
For pin-to-pin wire mapping of terminated ethernet cables, the Klein VDV500-705 toner and probe work together to show you your continuity across simple-to-read LEDs.
The Klein Tone and Probe Test and Trace Kit retails for $42.99. It comes with alligator clips for unterminated wires, an RJ11 plug, an RJ45 to RJ45 test cable, and 4 AAA batteries. The VDV500-705 features impact protection up to 3 meters as well. All Klein test and measurement devices come with a 2-year warranty.
Klein Tone and Probe Test and Trace Kit Specs
- Model: VDV500-705
- Type: Tone Generator Tracing Probe
- Application: Wire Toning and Tracing
- Special Features: Alligator Clips, RJ11 Plug, RJ45 to RJ45 Test Cable
- Dimensions (LxHxW): 10.6 x 1.6 x 6.9 in.
- Material: ABS
- Batteries: 4 x AAA
- Included: RJ45 Cable, RJ12 and Alligator Clip Cable, Batteries
- Standard: REACH, RoHS3, CE-EMC
- Weight: 10.1 oz
- Price: $42.99