DeWalt is announcing that they’ve added an OSHA-approved dust extraction solution to their roster of cordless tools. The DeWalt FlexVolt 60V Max Dust Extractor joins the other 120+ Table-1 compliant solutions that the brand currently offers to help limit the exposure to respirable crystalline silica dust during drilling, cutting, and grinding applications.
- Model: DeWalt DCV585
- 125 CFM – enough for 5″ grinders
- Fully OSHA Table 1 compliant
- Remote control included
- Tool Connect compatible
- $349 bare, $549 kitted with 2 batteries
Of the hallmark characteristics of the DeWalt FlexVolt 60V Max Dust Extractor, if it isn’t apparent yet, is the tool’s cordless capabilities. It runs off of the brand’s FlexVolt battery platform, and users can pair it with either the included remote control or a wireless Tool Connect tool.
The really big deal is that it can generate 125 CFM, allowing for OSHA compliance with concrete drilling and grinding and cutting applications with a 5-inch wheel. Other cordless vacuums aren’t pulling that kind of airflow at the moment.
You’ll be able to wirelessly operate the vac in two possible ways. The easiest is using the remote control that DeWalt includes, similar to Festool’s system but without the need to add a module.
Tool Connect is also getting involved with what we assume will be similar to Makita’s AWS communication.
The DeWalt FlexVolt 60V Max Dust Extractor will become available in November. The kit, which includes two HEPA filters, two 60V batteries, and a charger, will retail for $549. DeWalt will also sell this dust extractor as a bare tool for $349. It comes with a 3-year limited warranty, 1-year free service agreement, and a 90-day money-back guarantee.
DeWalt FlexVolt 60V Max Dust Extractor Features
- 125 CFM provides OSHA Table 1 compliant solutions for up to 5″ tuckpointing and surfacing applications when paired with an appropriate dust shroud
- HEPA Filter included with the unit
- T-Stak Compatibility allows the unit to be stacked and combined with other DeWalt T-Stak Storage Systems
- Built-in hose wrap offers convenient hose storage when not in use
- Can be used with wet or dry applications
- Automatic Filter Cleaning, with Dual Filters
- Wireless Tool Control allows for wireless ON/OFF capability when paired with the included Remote or a Wireless Tool Control enabled tool
- 8-foot anti-static hose with DeWalt Airlock system.
- Meets the EPA lead-related Renovations, Repair, and Painting (RRP) rule for HEPA vacuums when used with the included HEPA filter.
DeWalt FlexVolt 60V Max Dust Extractor Specs
- Model Number: DeWalt DCV585
- Tank Size: 2.0 Gal
- Hose Length: 8 ft
- Max CFM: 125 CFM
- Length: 21.5 in.
- Height: 13.0 in.
- Weight: 17.6 lbs
- Available: November 2018
- MSRP: $549 (kit), $349 (bare tool)