Gorilla Ladders Easy Reach Step Stool Recall
Don’t climb that ladder! Well… at least check to see if it’s under recall. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a voluntary recall 84,000 Gorilla Ladders Easy Reach step stool products (model HB3-PRO) which were sold at Home Depot between April and August of 2012. The Gorilla Ladders Easy Reach Step Stool recall affects ladders costing about $27, and it was discovered that the top step/standing platform can break, posing a fall hazard to consumers. About five reports have come in to Tricam Industries (the importer), one of which resulted in some scrapes or abrasions. Tricam Industries is actually issuing a full refund for the ladder as opposed to a fix.
Gorilla Ladders Easy Reach Step Stool Recall Details
- Name of Product: Step Stool
- Units: About 84,000
- Importer: Tricam Industries Inc., of Eden Prairie, Minn.
- Hazard: The top step/standing platform can break, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
- Incidents/Injuries: Tricam has received five reports of the standing platform breaking, one of which included a report of scrapes and abrasions to a consumer.
- Description: The recalled products are Easy Reach by Gorilla Ladders 3-Step Pro Series step stools, model number HB3-PRO. The step stools have three plastic steps, a steel tubular frame and a plastic-molded tool holder. The model number is located on the underside of the middle step on a blue label. The label also states that the step stools are rated to support 225 lbs. Recalled step stools have a “J” stamped into the underside of the top step and/or the underside of the tool holder.
- Sold Exclusively at: The Home Depot from April 2012 through August 2012 for about $27.
- Manufactured in: China
- Remedy: Customers should immediately stop using the recalled step stools and contact Tricam Industries for a full refund.
Tricam Industries can be reached toll-free (855) 336-0360, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or you can visit gorillaladders.net, then click on Recall for more information.