DeWalt 20V Max Brushless Circular Saw Video Review DCS570
The DeWalt 20V Max Brushless Circular Saw comes with the obvious upgrades of a 7-1/4" blade and brushless motor along with the power to challenge the top saws in this class.
Get it Online
The new DeWalt 20V Max Brushless Circular Saw has hit the market with upgrades we expected to see from their next generation. It’s got an XR brushless motor and 7-1.4-inch blade capacity. That DeWalt brings those upgrades over their previous model is a no-brainer. The question that remains is what kind of cutting power you get from the newest player in the game.
After all, there aren’t many to choose from in the 18V/20V Max class. Makita has a pair of 18V X2 models (sidewinder and Rear-Handle that are technically 36V models) along with Milwaukee’s M18 Fuel . Ridgid stepped up about a little over a year ago with their 7-1.4-inch brushless model. Until now, Bosch and DeWalt were the only major holdouts. But of course, DeWalt did step up last year with the FlexVolt Circular Saw, though it boasts a 60V Max motor.
Some Things We Like, Some Things We Don’t
The DeWalt 20V Max Brushless Circular Saw enjoys a pretty solid ergonomic design, especially around the main handle and offset pommel. The only thing I really don’t care for here – and it’s a minor complaint – is the push in trigger safety. I prefer a push-down style. The key word here is “prefer.” It’s just my opinion and doesn’t in any way affect the saw’s performance.
You get a nice, bright LED light and right side blade orientation. I’m a right side fan, but again, that’s just my preference. What’s missing is a rafter hook. It’s almost a necessity for me – almost. If the performance is there, it can overcome the lack of a few creature comforts. But if it’s just average, I’ll pass.
So just how does the DeWalt DCS570 perform?
Check out the video to see for yourself! If you’re not into video, then click here to take a look at our full written review!
DeWalt 20V Max Brushless Circular Saw Manufacturer’s Features
- Brushless motor provides 5,200 RPM maintaining speed under load
- 7-1/4-in blade provides 2-9/16-in cutting capacity at 90°
- 57° bevel capacity with positive stops at 45 and 22.5 provides increased versatility
- Offers rubber overmold for better control
- Stops the blade after trigger is released
- Delivers corded capacity
- Durable high-grade aluminum base for accurate cuts
- Maximized for runtime and durability delivering excellent performance
- Includes 7-1/4-in (184mm) circular saw, 7-1/4-in blade, and blade changing wrench
DeWalt 20V Max Brushless Circular Saw Specifications
- Model: DeWalt DCS570B (bare tool), DeWalt DCS570P1 (kit)
- Power Source: DeWalt 20V Max or FlexVolt battery packs
- Blade Size: 7-1/4″
- No Load Speed: 5200 RPM
- Max Cutting Depth: 2-9/16″
- Max Bevel Angle: 57 degrees
- Bare Weight: 8.16 pounds
- Weight with 4.0 AH Battery: 9.52 pounds
- Weight with 9.0 AH FlexVolt Battery: 11.04 pounds
- Price: $159 (bare), $279 (kit with one 5.0 amp hour battery)
- Warranty: 3 years