At the World of Concrete event in Las Vegas, Honda announced the expansion of their GX V-Twin engines. These new engines will officially launch later on in 2019 to OEM power equipment manufacturers and have several noteworthy upgrades.
10 Second Summary
- 42 and 48 cubic inch displacements
- Horizontal and vertical shaft configurations
- LED diagnostics screen
- Computer controlled communication and performance management
- Most powerful fuel-injected engines offered by the Honda Power Equipment division
- Drive-by-wire remote control capable
- Low emissions, low noise
- Available later in 2019
Honda GX V-Twin Engine Highlights
Electronic Fuel Injection: The EFI configuration and electronic controls monitor and adjust the air/fuel mix so you’re always operating at peak performance, even in variable conditions. A high-pressure fuel pump helps the system start easier in hot and cold applications.
Upgraded Ignition: Honda improves the timing of ignition over the engine’s full range of speeds.
Computer Controlled Intelligence: The GX V-Twin engines have an integrated electronic control unit that allows the engine to communicate with the machine. It monitors key parameters, controls engine speed, and enables drive-by-wire remote control operation. It also eliminates the need for manual choke and throttle management.
Easy Diagnostics: These engines feature a control panel with an LED panel that informs you of potential problems. The computer can either stop the engine or alert you, extending your engine life.
Replaceability: These new motors have a design footprint that matches other high-output Honda engines so you can easily replace older engines.
New Honda GX V-Twin Engine Models
Power Equipment Engine Replacement Highlights
- Power Screeds
- Hydraulic Power Units
- Concrete Saws
- Ride-On Concrete Trowels
- Vibratory Rollers
- Pressure Washers
- ZTR Mowers
- Lawn and Garden Tractors
- Utility Vehicles
- Stump Grinders
- Chippers and Shredders
Honda GX V-Twin Model Engine Specs
- Model Numbers: iGX700 / iGX800 / iGXV700 / iGXV800
- Engine Type: Air-Cooled, 4-Stroke, OHV
- Bore x Stroke: 78mm x 72mm / 83mm x 72mm / 78mm x 72mm / 83mm x 72mm
- Displacement: 42 cu in / 48 cu in / 42 cu in / 48 cu in
- Compression Ratio: 9.3:1 / 9.1:1 / 9.3:1 / 9.1:1
- Rated Power: 3600 RPM
- Max Torque: 48.3 Nm / 54.5 Nm / 48.3 Nm / 54.5 Nm
- PTO Shaft Rotation: Counterclockwise (from PTO shaft side)
- Ignition System: Digital CDI with variable ignition timing
- Starting System: Shift type
- Lubrication System: Full pressure
- Connecting Rod: Forged steel
- Governor System: Electronic (STR governor)
- Fuel System: Fuel injected
- Throttle Control: Electric
- Air Cleaner: Paper / Donaldson (Vertical models)
- Oil Capacity: 2.0L
- Dry Weight: 47.5 kg / 48.2 kg / 49.9 kg / 50.3 kg