Makita Launches Interchangeable 3/8″ and 1/4″ Square Drive Ratchet
Ideal for the automotive Pro or enthusiast, the Makita 18V LXT Interchangeable Drive Ratchet presents two tools in one. With interchangeable 3/8″ and 1/4″ anvils, the Makita XRW01 halves the number of ratchets you need to keep up with under the hood.
Straight From Makita’s Mouth
Why buy two ratchets when you can have one? This dual-purpose ratchet is an industry first with two anvils that can be quickly changed out. It has 35 ft. lbs. of fastening torque, yet it can deliver up to 800 RPM, the most in its class. No other cordless ratchet on the market today has this combination of torque, speed, and versatility.Carlos Quintana, senior product manager, cordless tools, Makita U.S.A.
What’s the Big Deal?
The obvious talking point of the Makita 18V Interchangeable Ratchet revolves around the interchangeable 3/8″ and 1/4″ anvils. This eliminates the need to buy a second ratchet, as this tool covers both drive sizes. To switch between the two, simply swap out the one anvil for the other.
But, apart from the versatility that interchangeable anvils provide, this Makita 18V ratchet also gives you convenient access to rapid nut-running. It delivers that 800 RPM speed using a Makita-built motor that also provides up to 35 ft.-lbs. of torque. For more nuanced fastening, you can also use the Makita XRW01 as a manual ratchet.
- Interchangeable 3/8″ and 1/4″ anvils
- Powerful motor delivers 35 ft. lbs. of Max Torque
- Variable speed (0-800 RPM) for a wide range of fastening applications
- Electric brake
- Manual ratchet when the motor is not engaged
- Built-in L.E.D. light
- Weighs just 2.7 lbs. with battery
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberized soft grip
- Low profile design
- Ideal for working in tight spaces and overhead applications
- Features Extreme Protection Technology which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
You can pick up the Makita 18V LXT Interchangeable Ratchet as either a bare tool or kitted with a 2.0Ah battery, charger, and a case. The bare tool option will run you around $176.99, while the kit retails for around $251.99. Either way you go, your purchase is protected by a 3-year warranty.
Makita Cordless Interchangeable Ratchet Specs
- Model: Makita XRW01
- Battery: 18V LXT Lithium-Ion
- Square Drive: 3/8 in., 1/4 in.
- No-Load Speed: 0-800 RPM
- Maximum Torque: 35 ft-lbs.
- Length: 14.5 in.
- Weight (with 2.0Ah battery): 2.7 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 years
- Price: $176.99 (bare tool); $251.99 (kit)
For more information about the Makita 18V LXT Interchangeable Ratchet, click here.