Isn’t it great when the output is greater than the input? Don’t we generally seek to leverage some hard work for a greater return? Since our homes are among our largest purchases, we do all we can to maintain and increase their values, even if we aren’t planning to sell. So with that in mind, we’ve put together our list of 10 cheap home value boosters.
Top 10 Cheap Home Value Boosters
1. Plant some trees. The difference between a mediocre neighborhood and a beautiful one is just a few trees away. You’ll just need a decent round point shovel and some elbow grease.
2. Paint something. There’s probably no quicker way to make such a big difference than by painting the exterior, the interior, or maybe just a wall.
3. Install a floating bookshelf. Make a wall or room look warmer with a floating bookshelf. Make sure it’s level!
4. Display potted plants. You can have an ever-changing garden with potted plants.
6. Install a decorative outdoor light. Make it a nice place to come home to after dark. Make sure you wire it properly according to local codes.
7. Install a ceiling fan. Form and function all in one. Safe wiring practices also apply here.
8. Organize your workshop with a pegboard. Install a pegboard on a wall or over a mobile workbench.
9. Hang some art on the wall. You’ll want a cordless drill for this job if it weighs enough to require an anchor.
10. Extend your HVAC system’s life with a new air filter. Now there’s an AC filters-by-mail service that will send you new filters at regular intervals so you don’t neglect it.
We hope you’ve found something in 10 cheap home value boosters to boost your home’s value. If you’re a Pro and have home value-boosting tips, add them in the comments below—or shout out on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter!