The Swanson Savage Folding Jab Saw does something really intelligent. It takes the capabilities of a jab saw or keyhole saw and adds the ability to utilize standard reciprocating saw blades. Then, it one-ups even itself. How? By adding a folding utility knife to the other end of the tool.
Swanson Savage Folding Jab Saw Features
This tool clearly lets you carry fewer tools on the job. It feels like a good addition for any electrician or plumber. The tool stores and opens easily, and the included case holds up well to the blades, so you don’t have to worry about it “cutting its way out” accidentally.
Swanson also made blade changes for both the utility knife and the jab saw simple. The long blade even locks in two different positions so you can use it as an inline saw or with a more right-angle approach.
Swanson SVK667 Additional Features
- Jab saw and utility knife in one compact design
- Replace saw blades with any standard reciprocating saw blade
- Change razor blades easily so they always stay sharp
- Two saw positions allow for more comfortable cutting
- Blades conveniently fold into handle to allow easy storage in any toolbox or tool belt
- Change blades quickly and easily with Swanson exclusive blade-locking technology
The kit comes with a nylon case that includes a belt clip and houses both the Savage tool as well as spare blades. You can find it online for around $15.99.