The $75 Coast HL8 LED Headlamp produces over 300 lumens of light. Plus, with Coast’s “Pure Beam” Focusing Optic System, you can rotate the lens and adjust the beam between a Bulls-Eye Spot that projects a long distance, or a flood light that has a broad, consistent beam. The HL8 (like the Coast HP7 we reviewed earlier) is powered by four AA batteries (and we wonder if an HL8R rechargeable version isn’t too far behind).
Coast HL8 LED Headlamp Features
- Over 300 lumens (estimated until confirmed by ANSI)
- Four AA batteries (included)
- Removable battery pack can be attached to belt with extended battery cord (included)
- 4 hour run time (estimated until confirmed by ANSI)
- Pure Beam Focusing Optic System
- Z Cord in headband
- Hinged attachment to position beam
- Adjustable elastic straps
- Max, high and low output modes
- Rubber sealed battery pack for water resistance
Want one? We do. The Coast HL8 LED Headlamp will run around $75 and should be available later this Fall.