Ryobi will be launching a new plumbing product into the 18V One+ line between September and October. Featuring unclogging applications for drains up to two inches, the Ryobi P4001 18V One+ Drain Auger can reach up to 25 feet. What’s really cool about this one – the drain auger is priced at a very affordable $69.97.
Surely it will save homeowners a lot of money. The Ryobi P4001 Drain Auger is a good alternative tool for calling a plumber. For the less than the price of his house call, Ryobi’s Drain Auger can help clear the most common clogs. Assuming you don’t mind doing the dirty work, of course. I am certain all wives will be delighted by the idea of adding P4001 to the list of tools you already have at home. There’s a pretty good chance the P4001 will show up as a Christmas gift even if you don’t ask for it.
“I love the fact Ryobi added a cordless drain auger to the 18V One+ family. With a focus on DIYers and homeowners, the Ryobi Drain Auger makes a lot of sense to help with the plumbing side of maintaining a home. Thanks to the excellent value that Ryobi tools present, the new Ryobi 18V One+ Drain Auger will pay for itself after the first use.”
– Kenny Koehler, Pro Tool Reviews Managing Editor
Ryobi P4001 18V One+ Drain Auger Key Features
- Clears clogs from drains up to 2 in. wide including sinks, toilets, and bath tubs
- 25 ft. reinforced cable designed to minimize kinking
- Powered forward and reverse feeding mechanism
- Auto-feed lock engages the bearings without having to squeeze the pommel
- Cable clamp holds cable in place while tackling tough clogs
- On-board rear drain port
- Feet keep rotating drum off delicate surfaces
- Powered by any Ryobi 18V One+ Battery (sold separately).
- New and improved GripZone overmold
Ryobi P4001 18V One+ Drain Auger Specifications
- Battery: 18V
- Cord Length: 25 ft.
- RPM: 600 (no load speed)
- Weight: 6 lbs.
- Includes: Operator’s manual
- Warranty: 3 years
- Available: September/October 2015
- Price: $69.97