DeWalt 20V Max Flooring Stapler Unleashed
DeWalt is expanding its 20V Max System to include the world’s first pro-grade 18 GA flooring stapler, the DeWalt 20V Max Flooring Stapler. This new stapler can drive 18 GA 1/4-inch narrow crown staples from 1/2- to 1-1/2-inches for installation of solid and engineered hardwood ranging in thickness from 3/8- to 5/8-inch. It features a contact arm optimized for flooring, tool-free adjustable base, and a brushless motor.
If you’ve ever put in the effort of tongue and groove flooring installation, you know what a challenge it can be. Not only is your body in an uncomfortable posture – bent at the back, weight on your knees – for long periods of time, but then there’s the standing up and kneeling down again for trips to the saw for cutting pieces to length or for notching around doorways. The nailer or stapler is usually powered by a gas cartridge or a compressor and hose to which you must be tethered.
Then you might have to contend with the inconsistency of the nailing angle and splitting of groove rails. You could use a flooring nailer with a hammer for consistent angles, but that can be tiresome, especially for large jobs. DeWalt might just have a solution with the DeWalt 20V Max Flooring Stapler that just intuitively looks like it will make your flooring installation life a whole lot easier.
More than Just Cordless
You’ll immediately notice the cordless nature of the tool – the first of its kind. Cutting the cord/hose is probably enough to convince most people that this stapler is superior to most. But there’s much more here. The stapler’s adjustable, non-marring base gives it an upside-down orientation when in use and ensures proper fastener angle every time. You can quickly slide the stapler down the groove and fire off fasteners quickly with the tool-free selectable trigger for sequential or rapid sequential actuation. To add to the potential speed, molded to the traditional trigger is a paddle trigger which allows the user to sink staples just as fast as the motor will cycle.
In addition to all that good stuff is a brushless motor which extends tool and battery life, work lights, and a bottom load magazine. We have a feeling that the DeWalt 20V Max Flooring Stapler is a big leap forward for flooring installation. It might not eliminate the bent-over and kneeling posture required, but it certainly looks like it will significantly cut down on the time you have to be in it.
DeWalt 20V Max Flooring Stapler Features
- World’s first battery-powered flooring stapler
- Tool-free adjustable base accommodates flooring thicknesses from 3/8- to 5/8-inch
- Paddle trigger provides easy use in multiple orientations
- 100% battery powered. Eliminates the hassle of using gas, compressor, and hose
- Brushless motor maximizes runtime and durability
- High visibility tongue engagement for fast installation and non-marring profile tips to prevent floor scratches
- Multi-functional lights help to provide both workspace illumination and tool diagnostics
- Tool-free selectable trigger for sequential or rapid sequential actuation modes
- Integrated tool-free stall release lever to quickly reset the driver blade in the event of a stall
- Bottom Load magazine for easy loading and removal of jammed fasteners
DeWalt 20V Max Flooring Stapler Specifications
- Model Numbers: DeWalt DCN682B (Bare), DeWalt DCN682M1 (Kit)
- Adjustable Base: Tool Free
- Depth Adjustment: Tool Free
- Fastener Length: 1/2- t0 1-1/2-inch
- Fastener Type/Gauge: 18 GA 1/4-inch Narrow Crown Staples
- Jam Clearance: Tool Free
- Height: 12.2 Inches
- Length: 11.7 Inches
- Weight: 6.2 Pounds
- Width: 3.7 Inches 3.7 IN
- Trigger: Paddle
- Prices: $319 (Bare), $399 (Kit)