Sorting through the wide array of professional level string trimmers can be overwhelming. A lot of Pros are pretty brand loyal, so that helps when it’s time for a replacement. However, if you’re looking to switch brands, or perhaps you’re a property owner that prefers Pro-grade lawn care equipment, consider an Echo High-Torque String Trimmer like the SRM-2620T.
According to Echo, it’s a balance of low weight, high horsepower, and high torque that’s pretty unique in the string trimmer space.
Check out some of the brightest features below.
Echo High-Torque String Trimmer Noteworthy Features
- 25.4 cc two-stroke engine: Echo’s Pro-grade engine uses magnesium for the construction, reducing weight without sacrificing durability or power.
- Two-stage air filtration system: Two stages help keep the main filter cleaner for a longer time period and increase time between maintenance intervals.
- Tool-less filter access: Let’s face it, field maintenance happens. You won’t need any tools to access the air filter system, reducing the amount of downtime your trimmer has.
- Easy start-ability: A bellows style fuel transfer system reduces overall heat while a remote fuel tank vent helps prevent clogging and makes restarting easier.
- 21 fluid ounce fuel tank: Balancing the weight of fuel with having enough to avoid tons of fillups is an art. Echo goes with a 2o.6-ounce tank, which is on the generous side.
- Over-molded front and rear hand grips: Overmold provides grip security, comfort, and a little vibration reduction. You’ll find it on both handles.
- Speed-Feed 400 cutting head: Reloads quickly and saves a lot of the frustration that manual reloading systems have.
- 2:1 gear reduction: The 2:1 gear reduction increases the torque compared to other gearing ratios, making this trimmer a better bet when you’re working through thicker grass.
Features are great, but what about performance?
Tim Johnson at Outdoor Power Equipment Reviews has the full breakdown of this model. Check out his review!
Echo High-Torque String Trimmer Specifications
- Model: Echo SRM-2620T
- Engine Displacement: 25.4 cc
- Fuel Capacity: 20.6 ounces
- Shaft Length: 59″
- Shaft Style: Straight
- Cutting Head: Speed Feed 400
- Cutting Swatch: 17″
- Line Size: 0.095″
- Dry Weight: 12.5 lbs (with cutting head and shield)
- Warranty: 5 years (consumer), 2 years (commercial)
- Price: $394.99
I just picked one up. This is my first gas trimmer purchase and I couldn’t be more thrilled. Upgraded from a craftsman 20v trimmer. The torque and power this has is impressive. Tennessee crab grass and weeds stand no chance.
how come echo has a 5 year warranty and stihl has a 1 year warranty?