Hilti Installation Drill Driver Reaches Into Tight Quarters
You’ve seen Bosch’s FlexiClick, and you’ve seen Milwaukee’s 4-in-1 Installation Driver. But now, Hilti joins in the fun with their first 12V Multi-head Drill Driver, a tool designed to tackle the most demanding and difficult access applications. The versatile Hilti SFE 2-A12 will save you time, and dare we say, a fair amount of headaches when it comes to drilling and driving into tight corners and hard-to-reach places where standard drivers struggle.
- Model: Hilti SFE 2-A12
- Includes 1/4″ offset, right angle adapter, 1/2″ metal chuck, 1/4″ hex chuck
- Powered by Hilti 12V batteries
- Dual LED worklights
- Magnetic bit holder
- 15-step clutch
- Brushless motor delivers up to 1,600 RPM
- Hilti Tool Fleet Management-enabled
- Kit Price ($349) includes two 4.0Ah batteries and charger
Hilti On the SFE 2-A12 Multi-Head Driver
[The] SFE 2-A12 is a tool that accepts challenges and proof of that are the several applications it is capable of reaching, such as behind pipes, inside cabinets, and even inside light cans.David Walker, Business Unit Manager for Power Tools and Accessories at Hilti
Drill and Drive Comfortably
Comfortability and versatility sum up the Hilti SFE 2-A12 Multi-head drill driver. It operates on the brand’s 12V battery platform, keeping it light and compact. Despite its size, the brushless motor still cranks out up to 1600 RPM, with up to 301 in-lbs of maximum torque.
The Hilti SFE 2-12A comes with 4 attachments, all designed to work together to provide unfettered access to work in typically hard-to-reach areas and corners. Ideal for installation applications, it comes with a 1/4″ offset chuck, 1/2″ keyless metal chuck, 1/4″ hex chuck, and right angle adapter.
The Hilti Multi-Head Drill Driver features two LED worklights, letting you see what you’re doing in dim conditions. A magnetic bit holder keeps your most-used bits close at hand.
Hilti designed the SFE 2-A12 to be able to let you apply the right amount of speed and torque to your work. It features a 15-step clutch, as well as High and Low gearing. In Low gear, the tool delivers up to 400 RPM while High gear provides up to 1600 RPM.
Further, the Hilti Multi-Head Drill Driver comes fully enabled for use in the Hilti Tool Fleet Management system.
Pricing and Availability
You can buy the Hilti SFE 2-A12 Multi-Head Drill Driver direct from the Hilti website or from an authorized dealer. If you’re familiar with the brand’s a la carte purchasing system, it won’t come as a surprise that you can customize your order. As a point of reference, however, you can pick up the tool, two 4.0Ah batteries, and a charger for $342.
And, as always, the drill comes with Hilti’s unique warranty. It covers the repair or replacement of defective parts for up to 20 years and no-cost repair (including wear and tear) for up to 2 years. Hilti also guarantees a one-day turnaround on repairs.
Hilti 4-in-1 Multi-Head Drill Driver Specs
- Model: Hilti SFE 2-A12
- Rated Voltage: 10.8 V
- Motor: 12V Brushless
- Attachments: Offset chuck, right-angle drill driver adapter, 13 mm (1/2”) keyless chuck, and hex bit holder
- Maximum torque: 186 in-lb (soft joint), 301 in-lb (hard joint)
- No-load speed (Low/High): 400/1600 rpm
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 5.2 x 2.7 x 7 in.
- Tool body weight: 1.5 lb.
- Warranty: 20 years of repair or replacement of defective parts; 2 years no-cost repair including wear and tear; guaranteed one-day turn-around on repairs
- Price: $342 with two 4.0Ah batteries and charger