Knipex 12-inch Pliers Wrench with Expanded Jaws
New and Improved Knipex Pliers Wrench Comes in Two Finishes
Knipex now has a couple of new additions to their 12-inch pliers wrench lineup. We love these tools as they adjust easily and provide excellent leverage. If you’ve lived on the moon the past few years, these tools combine the functions of pliers and wrench in one tool. The Knipex models now come in a chrome-plated finish and a black atramentized finish. They also have a handful of improvements to make them even more useful on the jobsite.
- Line now includes chrome-plated finish (86 03 300) and black atramentized finish (86 01 300)
- Increased jaw capacity: 2-3/8″ (86 03 300), 2-1/2″ (86 01 300)
- Two more adjustment positions for 24 different push-button adjustments
- Box-joint stability
- Recessed areas for better grip
- Laser-etched markings in both metric and imperial measurements
- Reliable hinge bolt prevents slipping
- Smooth jaws prevent marring of workpieces
- Parallel jaws evenly distribute force for secure grip that amounts to 10x the force applied to the handles
- Price: $75.65
Knipex on their 12-inch Pliers Wrench
Knipex’s recent improvements to the Pliers Wrench provides better performance, less weight, and more versatility to one of our most popular product lines. With the 12″ Pliers Wrench, users can replace a whole set of open-ended wrenches with just one tool.Peter A. Grable, product manager, Knipex Tools
What Is Knipex Capable Of?
While we’re not replacing our open-ended wrenches anytime soon, the new design does make some improvements. First of all, the Knipex 12-inch Pliers Wrenches features an increased jaw capacity—2-3/8″ (86 03 300) and 2-1/2″ (86 01 300). The opening width allows for two more adjustment positions for a total of 24 different push-button adjustments. It seems to do so without greatly increasing either the size of the tool or the handle span.
Less Weight, Improved Grip
In fact, Knipex managed to lighten the updated tool by 10% while still keeping the same box-joint stability as the previous edition.
The updated Pliers Wrench features recessed areas on the handle for a better, more comfortable grip. The subtle design features ripples that settle into your hand nicely to prevent slipping. The pliers wrench also features laser-etched markings in both metric and imperial, so you can set the jaw position before setting the wrench on the fastener. And, because the hinge bolt on the Pliers Wrench is stable, you can count on your settings staying shift-free.
Knipex also improved the pliers wrench jaws. The zero backlash jaw pressure prevents damage to edges, and the smooth jaws won’t mar your workpieces surfaces. This includes chrome. The design of the parallel jaws evenly distribute force at a rate of 10X the applied pressure to the handles.
You can pick up the Knipex 12″ Pliers Wrench in a couple of different finishes: chrome-plated and black atramentized. Either option retails for around $75.65.
Knipex 12-inch Pliers Wrench Specs
- Models: Knipex 86 03 300 (Chrome-Plated); 86 01 300 (Black Atramentized)
- Adjustment Positions: 24
- Capacities for Nuts: 2-3/8″ (86 03 300), 2-1/2″ (86 01 300)
- Length: 12 in. (300 mm)
- Net Weight: 1.6 lbs. (729 g)
- Price: ~$75.65