Festool CT Cyclone Pre-Separator Improves Efficiency
Coming October 1st to the US market, the new Festool CT Cyclone is a pre-separator system for your CT dust extractor. Let’s start by answering the big question – why should you consider adding a pre-separator to your CT system?
- Pre-separator attachment for CT 26/36/48
- Reduces bag and filter replacement
- Maintains high suction performance longer
- Maintains Table 1 compliance
The attachment uses a three-stage filtration system to separate and collect larger chips and debris before it reaches the bag in your extractor’s canister. The result is that you’ll need to change bags less frequently, you’ll get more life from your filters, and run at a high performance level longer. Of course, that also means you’re spending less money on bags and filters.
The basic idea is that you add the cyclonic system to the top of your CT. A collection canister fits between the Cyclone Systainer and a Systainer pan during use to collect those larger pieces. When you get near capacity, remove the canister and keep the mess contained with a lid.
When it’s convenient, empty the canister and start again. It’s feasible to just toss the whole canister, but at $180 for a 3-pack, it pretty much defeats the purpose of cost savings.
As a ready-to-go system, the Festool CT Cyclone is $375 and it’s compatible with all current dust extractors.
Festool CT Cyclone Pre-Separator Highlights
- Reduces the number of dust bags
- Reduces the number of filter changes
- Maintains high suction power
- Stackable container is easy to transport
- Tool-free attachment for all current CT 26/36/48 dust extractors with or without Autoclean
- Approved for HEPA extractors
- Keeps you Table 1 compliant for applications already using a CT dust extractor
Included with Festool CT Cyclone CT-VA-20 Purchase
- Cyclone Systainer
- Collection container
- Systainer pan
- Connection hose
- Disposal bag
- Container lid
- Model: Festool CT-VA-20
- Weight: 15.4 pounds
- Container Capacity: 5.3 gallons
- Length: 15-5/8″
- Height: 14″
- Width: 11-4/8″
- Price: $375
- Warranty: 3 years
Check out Festool’s CT Cyclone page for more details.