The new Milwaukee M12 Fuel 3-Inch Compact Cut Off Tool (whew, that’s a mouthful) promises a whole lot of cutting convenience. Its major selling point is the ability to cut through a variety of materials and, of course, do it without a cord.
- Model: Milwaukee 2522
- 20,000 RPM
- Uses 3″ cutting wheels with 3/8″ arbor
- Reversible rotation
- $118.00 bare, $199 kit with 4.0 Ah battery
With a 20,000 RPM top speed, it’s essentially a 3″ grinder worked into a form factor that you can use as a one-handed cut-off tool. It will give you a relatively small 0.64-inch maximum cutting depth. That’s fine for applications like sheet metal, plaster, drywall, tile, and other thin materials you come across.
One unique feature is that you can reverse the wheel direction. That’s helpful when you have to work in a position that throws sparks and debris toward you.
It comes with a shoe guard that has an integrated shroud and dust collection port. If you’re going to be working on tile, drywall, or plaster, it’ll help keep the dust out of your lungs. There are also 3 wheels that come with the tool: a metal cut off wheel, diamond tile blade, and carbide abrasive blade.
Pricing comes in at $129 for the bare tool (with the shoe guard and accessory wheels) and $199 for the kit with a 4.0 Ah battery and charger. The 2522 is currently in stock and shipping.
Milwaukee M12 Fuel 3-Inch Compact Cut Off Tool Highlights
- Brushless motor offers better power and longer runtime
- Ergonomic grip allows for one-handed cutting
- In-line design gives you a better line of site
- Reversible blade rotation helps control spark/debris spray
- Includes a shoe guard with shroud and dust collection port
- LED light
Milwaukee M12 Fuel 3-Inch Cut Off Tool Specifications
- Models: Milwaukee 2522-21XC, -20
- Power Source: Milwaukee M12 battery pack
- No Load Speed: 20,000 RPM
- Cutting Depth: 0″ – 0.64″
- Length: 7.05″
- Width: 4.72″
- Height: 3.15″
- Weight: 1.52 pounds bare
- Warranty: 5 years (tool), 3 years (battery)
- Price: $118.00 (bare), $199 (kit)