Rockler Woodworking and Hardware has introduced a safer and easier way to rip or rout 8’ sheets of stock with the Rockler Straight Edge System (SKU #36495). Included with the system is a pair of 52″ extruded aluminum edges that can be locked end-to-end or used separately to get accurate and cleaner cuts whether using a circular saw, jigsaw, or router. Also included is a power tool guide which locks a saw or router to the straight edges, keeping cuts safer and straighter by eliminating drift and kickback associated with freehand cuts. The all-in-one system also includes two T-track clamps that lock the edges securely in place, a T-fence attachment that essentially turns the system into a T-square, and an adjustable handle that allows the user to move the system from one project to another.
“We’ve given our customer a better and much safer alternative to snapping a line on 4′ x 8′ sheet stock and making a freehand rip- or cross-cut. This system comes with two 52″ edges that lock end-to-end and are clamped down with the included T-track clamps for a 104″ long guide; perfect for 8′ rip cuts. Or use just one edge to make a 4′ crosscut. Add the locking sled to the equation and the result is accuracy and safety not possible with freehand cuts.”
– Jim Frey, Product Developer for Rockler
The system allows users to cut 4′ x 8′ plywood panels far more easily and accurately than ever before. The system guide is also very handy because it adds tangible safety and accuracy elements.
The Rockler Straight Edge System features
- Two 52″ highly durable extruded aluminum edges that lock down on stock with a pair of T-track clamps.
- A high-visibility yellow erasable story stick writing surface that allows users to make temporary story sticks, keeping stock free of unsightly pencil or pen marks
- Convenient, removable handle slides along the T-track, making it possible to easily move the edge system from one project to another
- T-fence attachment turns the straight edge into an adjustable T-square, allowing a number of measuring, marking and layout tasks
The Rockler Hardware Straight Edge System is available at Rockler Woodworking and Hardware stores nationwide, Rockler’s independent resellers, Rockler.com, or from the Rockler catalog. For store locations or a free catalog, please visit www.rockler.com or call 1-877-ROCKLER.
About Rockler Woodworking and Hardware
Celebrating its 55th anniversary as a family-run business, Rockler Woodworking and Hardware is the nation’s premier supplier of specialty hardware, tools, lumber and other high quality woodworking products. Rockler has 29 retail locations in AZ, CA, CO, GA, IL, IN, MA, MI, MN, MO, NH, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, WA, and WI – plus 60 independent reseller locations nationwide, as well as extensive catalog and internet operations.