Latest Jet Woodworking Lathe Features Sliding, 7 Position, Pivoting Headstock
The new JWL-1440 Jet Woodworking Lathe models will turn a heads in the woodworking industry. I really mean that. Offered as either a free standing or benchtop model, the 1440’s have a headstock that pivots 360 degrees. In addition, there are 7 positive stops built in at 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, and 27o degrees.
Powering the new Jet Woodworking Lathe is a single phase, variable speed 1 horsepower motor. Changing the speed is as simple as turning a knob to dial in the speed you need. Guesswork is taken out of the equation by a display on the front of the lathe. An optional extension table increases the distance between centers from 40 inches to 60 inches.
The tool rest has been redesigned with positive clamping. Creating a point of contact that helps to prevent slippage, the tool rest provides additional clearance with its offset position.
The Jet Woodworking Lathe tailstock features ACME threading while an anti-rotation key prevents the quill from rotating. A laser etched scale remains easy to read despite the mess that woodturning can sometimes create.
“This robust, smooth-running lathe provides the control, power, precision, and flexibility that woodturners are looking for,” said Joan Duvall, JET’s Director of Product Management – Wood. “As woodturning continues to grow in popularity, the 1440VSK and 1440VS are great choices for enthusiasts or professionals who want to add a full-featured lathe to their shop.”
To check out the full details, be sure to visit Jet’s website here.
14″ X 40″ Jet Woodworking Lathe Specs
- Models: JWL-1440VS (benchtop), JWL-1440VSK (free standing)
- Power Source: 1 horsepower, single phase motor
- Swing Over Bed: 14-1/2 inches
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 11 inches
- Distance Between Spindles: 40 inches
- Headstock Movement: 360 degree pivot, slide
- Spindle Speed: 400 – 3000 RPM
- Spindle Taper: MT2
- Spindle Thread: 1/8 TPI
- Tailstock Bore: 5/16
- Tailstock Quill Taper: MT2
- Tailstock Quill Travel: 4-1/4 inches
- Weight: 352 pounds (VSK), 220 (VS)
- Warranty: 5 years
- Price: $1599.99 (VSK), $1299.99 (VS)