Hilti AG 600 A-36 Angle Grinder
Hilti recently introduced the cordless Hilti AG 600 A-36 Angle Grinder designed for notching, grinding, and finishing steel beams, plates, and mesh; cutting and grinding cast iron pipes, steel and stainless steel profiles, and cutting and grinding struts, threaded rods, and sheet metal.
Powered by the Hilti B36/5.2 CPC Li-Ion battery pack, this 5-inch grinder features built-in Active Torque Control (ACT) to prevent kickback, a brushless motor, a 5/8-inch arbor, and the Kwik-lock keyless flange system that allows quick blade changes and accommodates industry standard thread-on grinding, flap, diamond, and wire wheels. It’s covered by the Hilti Tool Warranty 20/2/1 — 20 years of repair or replacement of defective parts; 2 years no cost repair including wear and tear; and a guaranteed 1-day turnaround on repairs.
Most of our tools are made to hand out – and take – a beating but perhaps with only a couple of exceptions, none more than the angle grinder. It grinds, cuts, and smooths the toughest of materials and does so without complaint. It takes a lot of power to do the work, so you have to wonder if cordless models can really be beneficial on the jobsite. It’s like many other tools – for serial or production work, often the cord is better, but otherwise, the Pros will reach for battery power. And if any company knows quality cordless tools, it’s Hilti, so we’re expecting some great things.
The Hilti AG 600 A-36 Angle Grinder is smack dab in the middle of the angle grinder disc diameter range and it packs a lot of punch with its 36V battery. It’s got a paddle with deadman trigger, no load speed of 8,500 RPM, and the bare tool weighs in at 7.6 pounds. However, the features that really stand out are the Active Torque Control (ATC) safety mechanism and the Kwik-lock flange. Active Torque Control is designed to protect the user in case of a disc bind up. Any tool spinning at high RPMs that suddenly binds is very dangerous – the disc may bind but tool tries to continue its motion. It’s especially dangerous with rotary hammers (Hilti’s also have ATC). ATC quickly stops the force propelling the blade in case of a bind up to protect the user and tool.
The Kwik-lock flange is Hilti’s answer to the otherwise time-consuming and tedious task of finding a tool to loosen a screw that removes the flange to swap the disc to…well, you get it. The flange tightens around the arbor without tools and loosens, in the same manner, to keep the disc changes brisk. It’s just one of those small details that make a big difference.
Hilti AG 600 A-36 Angle Grinder Features
- Powerful and robust 5.2 Ah CPC battery (36V) for highest performance and long life
- Higher performance and battery capacity than other cordless angle grinders
- Perfect balance and low weight make the tool more flexible and less tiring to use
- Brushless motor for three times longer lifetime (no commutator to damage and no carbon brushes to change)
- Active Torque Control provides additional operator protection
- Notching, grinding and finishing steel beams, plates, and steel mesh
- Cut and grind cast iron pipes, steel, stainless steel profiles, strut, threaded rods, and sheet metal
- Cutting, grinding and finishing stainless steel
- Grinding mineral materials using cup wheels (5-inch)
Hilti AG 600 A-36 Angle Grinder Specifications
- Rated voltage: 36 V
- Disclaimer: Use specific guard depending on selected disc
- Battery type: Li-Ion
- No load speed: 8500 rpm
- Disc Diameter: 5-7/8 inches
- Trigger type: Paddle with Deadman
- Active Torque Control: Yes
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 16.3 x 3.7 x 6.5 inches
- Weight: according to EPTA-Procedure 01/20037.6 pounds