Hitachi Cordless Framing Nailer Video Review
Cordless nailers are around just about everywhere you look these days. They’re mainly on 18V battery platforms, but there are also some 12V models running around. That’s fine for finish nailers with their relatively low power requirements. But what about moving into bigger nailers like the new Hitachi cordless framing nailer?
Not only are Pros skeptical of consistent driving depth, but there’s also the nagging issues of weight and firing delay. Hitachi’s cordless finish nailers came out of the gate strong, driving nails well, dropping the weight some, and effectively eliminating the firing delay. They claim the same is true for their cordless framing nailer.
There’s no doubt that the Hitachi NR1890 is designed to be as close to a pneumatic replacement as you can get today. You see the features you expect on a Pro-level framer like dual fire modes, rafter hook, dry-fire lockout, and tool-free depth of drive adjustments. Unlike a pneumatic nail gun, the Hitachi cordless framing nailer carries a lifetime warranty – something that raises our eyebrows.
Whether or not Pros will adopt it boils down to performance. So we put it to the test building out theater room seating. Check out the video to see how it did. If you’d rather read about it, check out Clint’s written review by clicking here.
Have you put the Hitachi NR1890 to the test? Tell us what you think in the comments below!
Hitachi Cordless Framing Nailer Features
- Models: Hitachi NR1890DC (30-degree), Hitachi NR1890DR (21-degree)
- Air Drive Spring System
- Brushless Motor
- On-Tool Control Panel
- 2 Modes of Actuation: Sequential or Bump Fire
- Automatic Shutoff After 30 Minutes of Inactivity
- Tool-less Depth of Drive Selection
- Pivoting Rafter Hook
- Ergonomic, Non-Slip Rubber Grip
- Dry-Fire Lockout
- Safety Lockout Feature
- Lifetime Lithium-Ion Tool Warranty
- 2-Year Lithium-Ion Battery Warranty
- 1-Year Lithium-Ion Charger Warranty
- Price: Hitachi NR1890DC Check on Amazon, Hitachi NR1890DR Check on Amazon