Bosch GBH18V-26 SDS-Plus EC Brushless Rotary Hammer
Bosch has introduced yet another lightweight rotary hammer. The Bosch GBH18V-26 1-Inch SDS-Plus EC Brushless Rotary Hammer offers an EC brushless motor that delivers 1.9 ft-pounds of impact energy and longer run time. The power is packed into unit that weighs in at 7.7 pounds. It’s an addition to the lightweight SDS-Plus rotary hammer series that includes the Bosch RHH181 18V 3/4-Inch SDS-Plus Brushless Rotary Hammer.
The Bosch GBH18V-26 1-Inch SDS-plus Bulldog Rotary Hammer includes several safety-oriented features. KickBack Control technology reduces injury risk along with a soft start motor to help get you started with better control. It’s nearly impossible to avoid the conversation about vibration in this class of tool. The Bosch GBH18V-26 features Bosch’s proprietary Vibration Control to help control it.
In situations where control trumps speed, Bosch’s Electronic Precision Control (EPC) that allows the rotary hammer to work on delicate materials more precisely. When released, the kit will include two 6.0 amp hour batteries, charger, and bag.
“The Bosch GBH18V-26 rotary hammer is the result of extensive research on the jobsite combined with user feedback. Users demand a tool that brings the power every day, every job, but one that comes in an easy-to-handle package. We continue to deliver tools with the combination of power and advanced design that get the job done with respect for precision and user safety.”
– Mike Iezzi, Product Manager, Concrete Products, Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
- EC Brushless motor – delivers 1.9 Ft.-Lbs. of impact energy and longer runtime
- Lightweight, at only 7.7 Lbs. – for great performance-to-weight ratio
- KickBack Control technology – reduces the risk of sudden tool reactions in binding conditions
- Electronic Precision Control – provides slower ramp-up for accurate bit starts
- Vibration control – affords great user comfort for extended periods of work
- SDS-Plus chuck – industry-standard system compatible with many bits
- Robust power system – produces 0-4,350 no-load BPM and 0-890 no-load RPM
- Electronic Motor and Cell Protection – protects motor and battery from overheating
- Ergonomic layout – made with an L-shape design for better horizontal drilling
- Model: Bosch GBH18V-26K
- Max RPM: 890
- Impact Rate: 4350 BPM
- Impact Energy: 1.9 ft-lbs.
- Max Torque: 250 in. lbs.
- Max Capacity (Steel): 1/2″
- Max Capacity (Wood): 1-1/4″
- Length: 13.7″
- Weight: 7.7 lbs.
- Price (Bare Tool): US $349
Check out all Bosch products available from our friends at Acme Tools!
Concrete is one of the areas that Bosch is highly regarded and we shouldn’t take lightly that they’re bringing more cordless tools to this sector. 1.9 foot pounds of impact energy is excellent in this class, though it does fall short of what you can get from Bosch’s corded hammers with the same weight.
Bosch’s vibration control and anti-kickback protections are traditionally very good as we experienced with their newest SDS-Max hammer not long ago. The motor uses a soft start at 70% to keep you more controlled as the bit engages your work surface. I’d expect similar performance from these safety features, though we’ll have to get our hands on it to know for sure.
If you haven’t had the opportunity to cut the cord on your rotary hammer, it’s worth a try. Even with reduced power, the convenience is awfully tough to beat, especially on small jobs.
The questions that’s going to linger is whether Bosch will make the jump to an SDS-Max rotary hammer like Milwaukee did. Having spotted a new battery overseas, Bosch may have the power source to make it happen sooner than you think.