Underground Utility Locator – Amprobe UAT-620
Avoid Costly Mistakes with Amprobe UAT-620 Underground Utility Locator
Accidents happen, sure, but hitting a utility line during a project can lead to costly repairs, delays, and dangerous situations that could put your safety at risk. You can avoid all that hassle by using the Amprobe UAT-620 Underground Utility Locator. It helps pinpoint underground utilities and buried cables up to 100 feet with accurate depth measurement to 20 feet.
What truly sets the UAT-600 Series apart from other underground locators is its CAT IV 600 V safety rating. This lets you safely connect the Transmitter directly to an energized line up to 600 V in a CAT IV environment. With other tools, if you needed to trace a specific electrical line by transmitting a signal through it, you had to first de-energize the line. As you can well imagine, this adds time to the job and reduces productivity.
- Model Series: UAT-600
- Locate underground utilities and buried services up to 100 ft
- Accurate depth measurement up to 20 ft
- 3 testing modes: Passive power mode, passive radio mode, active mode
- 3 active modes using UAT-600-T transmitter: Induction, direct connection, clamp
- Price: $3,886.05
What’s the Big Deal?
The UAT-620 Amprobe Underground Utility Locator Kit lets you track, trace, and pinpoint all sorts of underground utilities. Mainly, you’ll use it to locate energized 50/60 Hz cables carrying current. With it, you can also identify the location of all metallic utilities. While this includes pipes, it also handles both energized and de-energized cables. You can even trace individual energized or de-energized pipes. Insert fish tape or cabling into non-metallic pipes to trace those as well.
The Amprobe Utilities Locator lets you use either of two frequencies (8 kHz and 33 kHz) to take depth and current measurements. You can also measure voltage, resistance, and output current. The system even locates non-metallic pipes and sewer lines. Plus, with the optional AF-600 A-frame accessory, you can locate ground faults.
Any of three testing modes work to trace underground cabling or utilities. Passive power mode traces energized lines conducting current. Passive radio mode uses surrounding radio waves to trace underground utilities. Neither of these first two options requires the transmitter.
The third option, Active mode, does require the transmitter. With Active mode, you can use a direct connection to an energized line up to 600 V in a CAT IV environment. The clamp provides an efficient and safe method of applying a locate signal to a cable when it’s not possible or safe to gain access to a cable for making electrical contact. Finally, the induction setting allows the transmitter to automatically start radiating a signal around it using an internal antenna. This traces individual cables when you can’t access the line to connect test leads or a clamp.
The UAT-620 Kit comes with a transmitter, receiver, test lead kit, signal clamp, batteries, additional fuses, and a duffel bag. The transmitter can be used in conjunction with the Amprobe AF-600 A-frame accessory. The kit retails for around $3,886.05.
Amprobe Underground Utility Locator Kit Specs
- Model number: UAT-620
- Measurement category: CAT IV 600 V
- Operating voltage: 0-600V
- Active tracing: 33 kHz and 8 kHz
- Passive tracing: 50/60 Hz and radio
- Locating modes: Peak and null
- Depth measurement accuracy (4 in. to 10 ft): +/- 3%
- Depth measurement accuracy (10 ft to 20 ft): +/- 5%
- Display backlight: Automatic
- Power supply: 6 x AA batteries (receiver); 8 x D-cell Batteries (transmitter)
- Size (H x W x L): 11.9 x 4.7 x 30.7 in. (receiver); 14 x 9 x 4.7 in. (transmitter)
- Weight: 4.2 lbs (receiver); 7 lbs (transmitter)
- MSRP: $3,886.05
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $3,886.05
- Price: $36.96Was: $50.45
- Price: $67.71Was: $79.95
- Price: $712.78Was: $975.95
- Price: $295.02Was: $403.95