Rockler Convertible Benchtop Router Table
If you happen to be in the market for a compact, versatile, and portable router table, Rockler has a solution. The Rockler Convertible Benchtop Router Table not only functions on top of the bench, but you can also reconfigure it for wall-mounted use, as well as collapse it down for storage or transport. But wait, there’s more… Rockler also includes some features that allow you to route freehand pretty quickly and easily.
- Mount it to a wall, clamp/screw it to a workbench, or use it freestanding
- Ships with compact, midsize, or both base plates
- $199.99 with one base plate or $219.99 with both
What’s The Big Deal?
The big deal about the Rockler Convertible Benchtop Router Table revolves around its general versatility. Want to take it off the workbench to use on the back of the tailgate at the jobsite? No worries, it’s super portable.
Not enough space on the workbench? No problem, you can mount the table to the studs on your wall. With the keyholes exactly 16 inches on center, it matches your studs. Mounted to the wall, you can fold the table down and out of the way when you remove your router.
Additionally, the table comes with non slip feet that you can clamp or drill into your workbench.
Like you’d expect from a router table, the Rockler Convertible Benchtop Router Table also allows you to pop your router out to use it freehand. The insert plate that fits into the table stays mounted to your router, lending a straight edge when you need it. Two screws hold it in place on the table, and it fits most midsize or compact routers. Rockler ships the router table with either a compact insert plate, midsize insert plate, or with both insert plates.
It also comes with an aluminum fence, a 2-1/2″ dust port for attaching dust extraction, a bit guard, adjustable fence faces, and easy-to-grip adjustment knobs.
The Rockler Convertible Benchtop Router Table retails for $199.99 with one of the baseplates, or $219.99 for both. It can be purchased through the Rockler website or from a Rockler retailer.
Rockler Convertible Benchtop Router Table Features
- Four modes in one table: benchtop, wall-mount, freehand routing and storage/transport
- Base converts quickly from freestanding to wall-mounted—quick-release pins lock the legs in place
- In wall-mount mode, the router can be removed and the top folded flat against the wall when not needed
- Large non-slip feet clip into the base framing for rigidity in the various configurations
- Pull out the router with plate for freehand use; dock it in the table for table use
- Keyed mounting holes are 16” on center for easy wall-mounting
- 3/4” miter track accepts most standard miter gauges
- Accessory slot in fence accepts featherboards and stops
- Tall ergonomic fence knobs for fast fence adjustments without skinning your knuckles
Rockler Convertible Benchtop Router Table Specs
- Model Number: Rockler GRP40567
- Top Dimensions: 18-1/2”W x 16-3/8”D x 1-1/8” thick
- Benchtop Mode Dimensions: 18-1/2”W x 18-3/4”D x 19”H
- Wall-Mount Mode Dimensions: 18-1/2”W x 16-3/8”D x 25-1/4”H
- Storage/Transport mode Dimensions: 18-1/2”W x 26-1/2”D x 8-1/2”H
- Folded-On-Wall Dimensions: 18-1/2”W x 8-1/2”D x 35-1/4”H
- Insert Plate Dimensions: 7-1/2”W x 9”L x 3/8” thick
- Compact Base Plate Inside Diameter: 1-3/16”
- Insert Ring Inside Diameter (for Mid-Size): 1-1/2”
- Compatible Routers: Compact and mid-sized
- Distance from Table Top to Bench (benchtop mode): 14-1/4”
- Fence Dimensions: 18-1/2”L x 3”H
- Top Material: MDF with melamine coating
- Fence Material: Extruded aluminum with MDF faces
- Base Material: Steel
- Dust Port Outside Diameter: 2-1/2”
- Miter Track Dimensions: 3/8” x 3/4”
- Overall Weight: Approximately 15 lbs.
- Weight Capacity (including router): 40 lbs.
- For use with router bases less than 6-1/4″ Dia.
- MSRP: $199-$219
For more information about router compatibility, or to purchase the Rockler Convertible Benchtop Router Table, visit Rockler.com.