Milwaukee M18 Fuel Pipe Threader
The new Milwaukee M18 Fuel Pipe Threader stakes its claim as the world’s first cordless pipe threader. Taking it another step forward, Milwaukee also packs One-Key into the system.
- M18 Fuel brushless motor
- AutoStop Kickback Control
- Dedicated support arm holds the tool steady while threading
- Threads up to 2″ black pipe, stainless steel, and rigid metal conduit
- 25+ threads on 2″ pipe with a 12.0 Ah battery
- One-Key enabled – track it, manage it, secure it
- Pricing: $1699
- Launches July 2019
Milwaukee Cordless Pipe Threader
Milwaukee’s cordless pipe threader will be able to handle black pipe, stainless steel, and rigid metal conduit up to 2″ in diameter.
They’re using a die retention lock in combination with an in-line side grip that keeps you from having to actually touch the die when you start threading your pipe.
If you happen to bind the threader up or it kicks back on you, Milwaukee’s AutoStop kicks in to shut the system off. The kit also comes with a support arm that you can clamp onto the pipe and holds the threader in place while it works. Just slide its bar in the hole on the handle and you’re all set.
The Milwaukee M18 Fuel Pipe Threader turns to an M18 High Output 12.0 Ah battery for power. It will do its best work and run the longest with that pack, but you can use any M18 battery in a pinch.
Threading pipe requires a lot of power, just ask anyone still threading by hand. With its massive 216 watt-hour battery, you should see just north of 25 two-inch BIP threads on one charge. Milwaukee will pack the kit with two 12.0 Ah batteries and a rapid charger to help you keep up with the work.
One-Key promises its tracking, managing, and securing features, but Milwaukee isn’t specifically touting any control or diagnostics just yet.
Expect to see the Milwaukee cordless pipe threader hitting retailers around July 2019. Pricing information will be available as we get closer to that date.
Milwaukee M18 Fuel Pipe Threader Specifications
- Model: Milwaukee 2274-22HD
- Power Source: M18 battery
- Capacity: 1/8″ to 2″
- Estimated Runtime: 25+ 2″ BIP threads
- Length: 29.8″ with battery
- Weight: 25.6 pounds with battery
- Warranty: 5 years
- Price: $1699
- Kit Includes: Tool, (2) 12.0 Ah High Output batteries, rapid charger, threading support arm, carrying case
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $988.88
- Price: $3,299.00