Pocket Cutting Just Got Portable
Castle USA now has a highly portable and easy-to-use solution for creating stable low angle pocket joints. The Castle 110 Pocket Cutter creates low, 3º pockets that minimize joint creep, particularly when compared to other pocket hole joinery solutions.
- Model: Castle 110
- 3º Pocket minimizes joint shift
- Creates stronger joints and faster assmbly
- Creates clean pockets
- Factory assembled and adjusted so no assembly is required
- Price: $399
The Castle 110 Pocket Cutter in a Nutshell
The Castle 110 Pocket Cutter gives smaller woodworking shops and hobbyists, and DIYers an easy way to create low angle pockets. The 110 pocket cutter minimizes joint shift in a way that matches what you can get from larger commercial tools. The ability to make these kinds of joints repeatably with an affordable, portable, and easy-to-use machine should be a boon for smaller workshops.
Affordable, Portable, and Easy-To-Use
The Castle 110 Pocket Cutter takes just seconds to make clean, low-angle pockets. These attractive pockets provide strong and stable joints for cabinetry and woodworking projects, and all without the misalignment problems that are common with drilled pockets.
Castle’s Pocket Cutter design has you drill the screw’s pilot hole from the opposite side, which eliminates the accumulation of waste and tear out. This lets your joints fit together as tightly as possible.
The Castle 110 Pocket Cutter weighs just 13 lbs. And, since you can clamp it directly to large workpieces, you can take the machine to the wood. Or, you can clamp it down to a work surface using the clamp ports or mount it to your benchtop using the pre-drilled holes in the base. A dust extraction port helps you keep the work surface tidy.
Pricing and Availability
You can find the Castle 110 Pocket Cutter Joinery Machine exclusively through the Castle website, at least for now.
It retails for $399, and comes with the following accessories:
- 450w router, now with an 8mm collet
- Smooth Router Bit
- Collet Wrenches
- Bit Set-up Block with integrated bit height gauge
- Extra-long, (6″) 5/32″ pilot hole bit
- Pocket cutting bit with 8mm shank
- Table Overlay Plate for quickly machining thinner stock with no adjustment
- T20 Torx driver bit, 6″ round shaft
- Box of 250 count, 1-1/2″ Torx Hi-Low pocket screw
- Box of 250 count, 1-1/4″ Torx Hi-Low pocket screw
- Operator Manual with Warranty Activation Card
Castle also has some optional accessories available:
- Work Stop Set: includes stop bar, left and right work stops
- Roughing Cutter for faster cutting in hardwoods
You can get a hold of the Castle 110 Pocket Cutter by heading to the Castle USA website here.
Castle 110 Pocket Cutter Specs
- SKU: A00110
- Weight: 13 lbs.
- Width: 16 in.
- Height: 8 in.
- Depth: 8 in.
- Price: $399