Teledyne FLIR Introduces A Build-Your-Own Videoscope Kit
On top of FLIR’s already extensive line of imaging tools, the company now offers you the chance to create your own VS80 videoscope system. With pre-built models as well as a variety of screen and camera combinations to choose from, you’re sure to find a package that suits your toughest out-of-reach jobs.
FLIR VS80 Videoscope System – The Big Deal
It all starts with the VS80 screen. It’s a 7-inch touchscreen design that allows you to view live images or capture photos/video and download it using the FLIR Tools app. It’s capable of adding voice or text notes as well. You can even kick the view out to a second screen using an HDMI cord.
FLIR gives you the option to purchase a pre-made, complete kit, or create your own package with the screen and camera options the company has available. When you buy the VS80 screen, you can tailor your package to your specific application by adding one or more cameras to your purchase.
Each probe camera gives you different picture results. You can choose from a 160 × 120 thermal camera, 2-way or 4-way articulating visual camera, 25 m plumbing spool, HD camera, or dual HD camera probe. The camera tips are waterproof, too, so you don’t have to worry about water damage when you’re on the job.
If you decide to go the route of purchasing a complete kit, you will receive the following:
- VS80 Videoscope Screen
- Camera probe (model is kit dependent)
- Neck strap
- Hand straps
- Audio headset
- Removable sun visor
- Power adapter with AC plugs (for US, UK, EU, AUS)
- 32 GB microSD memory card
- USB C to USB A cable
- Micro HDMI to HDMI video cable
- Heavy-duty shipping/carrying case
The FLIR VS80 videoscope system is ideal if you work in trades like HVAC/R, construction, or the automotive industry.
- Includes 32 GB micro SD card
FLIR V80 Price
Since there are so many kit options available, there is no one particular price for the system. Prices vary based on which kit you choose, or which camera attachment(s) you add to your device. Kit prices range from $2,299 to $6,099. Each kit comes with a 3-year warranty.
FLIR VS80 Videoscope System Specifications
- Touchscreen: 7-inch diagonal
- Display resolution: 1024 x 600
- HD camera resolution: 1280 x 720
- Battery life: 8 hours
- Data capture modes: JPEG, video, photo comments, voice comment
- Data transfer: USB, micro SD, wireless (Wi-Fi)
- Pipe inspection probe option: 25 m long
- Thermal camera option: 160 x 120 IR resolution