Around here, we tend to get excited about some very particular things. One of those things happens to be ratcheting wrenches. For whatever reason, we just can’t get enough of them. We also happen to get really jazzed over bargains. And, really, who doesn’t? So, if you’re anything like us, you might do yourself a favor and take a gander at this new 20-piece Husky Ratcheting Wrench set.
Available from your local Home Depot, the new Husky set includes 10 SAE wrenches and 10 metric sizes. And, the best part? The whole set will only run you $49.88. Get psyched.
Husky Ratcheting Wrench Features
These wrenches have 72 ratcheting teeth for a 5° swing arc. You can get a lower arc swing like the SK X-Frame Ratcheting Wrench with a 1.7° swing or split the difference with a 3° swing. Those are nice to have, but they come at a much higher price point. So if you need them, get them. If not, save some cash with Husky and take your wife out for a really nice dinner date.
The 0° offset box-end allows for easier clearance into tight spaces and chamfered lead-ins help with quick and easy placement over fasteners.
Husky uses alloy steel in the construction of their wrenches. The polished chrome finish wipes down easy, keeping it free from oil and grease with only a small amount of elbow grease on your part.
The set includes 10 SAE sizes and 10 metric sizes. So that there’s no confusion about which size you’re grabbing, the sizes are hard-stamped into the side of the wrench. I personally like the color-coded stamps of our Gearwrench 120XP set. But again, more features come with higher prices.
The Husky Ratcheting Wrench 20-Piece Set retails for $49.88 from Home Depot. It comes with Husky’s Forever warranty as well. If you do the math, that works out to just about $2.50 a wrench that you’ll never have to pay for again, assuming you don’t lose any (yeah, right). Seriously, though, for a set that covers the most common sizes for both metric and SAE with a sub-$50 price tag, you’ll want to give Husky some real consideration before dropping 4x the price or more on another brand.
The truth is that this a pretty basic set of ratcheting wrenches. Still, ratcheting wrenches are a very nice step up from standard wrenches. Where this set really shines is in the value department. So, sure, there are fancier ratcheting wrenches out there with some great features but “basic” will still do the job. And in this case, it gets it done for less than $50.
Husky Ratcheting Wrench Overview
- Set includes 10 SAE and 10 metric wrenches covering sizes 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16 in.; and 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18 mm
- Alloy steel construction provides durability and long-lasting performance
- Box-end provides additional leverage and less likelihood of slipping when used on hard-to-remove fasteners
- 72-tooth ratcheting box-ends need only a 5-degree arc swing to turn fastener
- Large, hard-stamped size markings allow for easy identification
- Full-polished chrome finish easily wipes clean of oil and dirt
- Wrenches feature off-corner loading to help prevent the rounding of fasteners
- 0° offset box-end allows for maximum clearance in tight spaces
- Open-end allows the wrench to slide into position from the side of the fastener
- Chamfered lead-ins help provide fast and easy placement onto fasteners
- Meets or exceeds ANSI standards
- Husky mechanics hand tools are guaranteed forever; if your Husky hand tool ever fails, bring it back and we will replace it free of charge
- MSRP: $49.88
Husky Ratcheting Wrench Specs
- Hand Tool Type: Wrench Set
- Individual/Set: Set
- Measurement Standard: Metric, SAE
- Number Of Pieces: 20
- Ratcheting: Yes
- Returnable: 90-Day
Hey. Late reader of this review.
Q: where are these sourced? I see no mention of country of origin…
Why aren’t these available on Home Depot’s website? I did find them on Canada’s Home Depot site.
Why do most metric sets start a 8 mm for M5. I mostly run into M4 what are 7 mm.