The Klein/DeWalt team-up continues with a tool designed to let users more easily work around a utility pole. The Klein 90-degree Impact Wrench borrows DeWalt’s battery platform to cordlessly deliver high torque and speed to your work. We don’t see too many impact wrenches with through-bolt support, however.
- Model: Klein BAT20LW1 (Kit)
- Right angle provides better reach-around with less effort
- Bolt-through design for long bolt applications
- Delivers 300 ft-lbs of torque
- Features 1-1/8″, 1″, 13/16″, and 3/4″ square drives
- 0-1800 rpm
- Safety lockout switch
- LED worklight
- Powered by DeWalt 20V Max batteries
- Price: $677.35 (kitted with two batteries and charger)
Klein designed the 90-degree impact wrench in the USA to provide utility workers a better, more comfortable fastening experience in the field.
Klein tells us that it’s a first for the market; it features a unique bolt-through design that accommodates long bolt fastening applications. Its right angle gives you the ability to reach around a utility pole to work comfortably.
The Klein 90-Degree Impact Wrench isn’t short on muscle either. Powered by the DeWalt 20V Max battery line, the Klein impact wrench delivers 300 ft-lbs of max torque. It features a variable speed trigger, allowing for the tool to generate anywhere between 0-1,800 RPM, making it an ideal choice for fastening in wood, metal, and concrete.
The Klein BAT20LW also gives you some freedom with a variety of fasteners. It features 1-1/8″, 1″, 13/16″, and 3/4″ square drives that plug into the business end of the wrench.
The Klein 90-degree impact wrench features a safety lockout switch, LED work light, and a D-ring for convenient hanging.
You can pick up the Klein BAT20LW as a bare tool for $516 if you happen to already work on the DeWalt 20V Max platform. Or, should you need the batteries as well, you can pick up the BAT20LW1 kit. It comes with two 4.0Ah batteries and a charger and retails for $677.35.
Klein 90-Degree Impact Wrench Specs
- Model: Klein BAT20LW
- Special Features: DeWalt 20V 4 Ah Lithium-ion Batteries
- Length: 11.75” (30 cm)
- Height: 18.75” (48 cm)
- Width: 6.6” (17 cm)
- Handle Type: In-Line
- Drive Size: 1-1/8”, 1”, 13/16”, 3/4” Square
- Impacts per Minute: 0 – 1800
- Torque Rating: 300 ft-lb Torque
- Maximum Speed: 1800 RPM
- Brushless Motor: Yes
- Material: ABS, PA6, GF, TPE
- Batteries: Lithium-ion
- Battery Life: 4 Ah
- Voltage: 20V
- Included: Tool, (2) 4 Ah Batteries, Charger and Bag
- Weight: 11.45 lb (5.2 cm)
- Price: $677.35