Kreg Pocket Hole Jigs Build Pocket Hole Projects Faster and Smarter
Kreg has a rich history of helping woodworkers achieve super clean finishes with minimal fuss. Now, the brand has announced its latest innovation in pocket hole joinery. Kreg has designed the 720 and 720Pro Pocket Hole Jigs with all the tools to take your woodworking to the next level.
- Models: Kreg KPHJ720 and KPH720Pro
- Create pocket hole joints in materials from 1/2″ to 1-1/2″
- Automaxx clamp automatically adjusts to material thickness
- Onboard storage for accessories
- Docking station adds more storage and support for larger pieces (720Pro)
- Chip ejection port helps eliminate wood dust mess, connects to shop vac
- Durable construction with steel reinforced spine and lifetime drill guide warranty
- Price: $129.99 (720); $149.99 (720Pro)
What’s the Big Deal?
Both of the Kreg Pocket Hole Jigs speed up and clean up your pocket hole joinery. It starts with the Automaxx clamp. This clamp automatically adjusts for materials between 1/2″ and 1-1/2″ thick. You simply slide your material into place and press the handle. GripMaxx anti-slip material helps to hold the material securely.
Once clamped down, the business end of the Kreg Pocket Hole Jigs lines up to guide your bits into the workpiece at the perfect angle. Kreg has constructed the drill guides from hardened steel to provide a lifetime of clean pocket holes.
- Automaxx one-motion clamping
- Automatic material thickness setting
- Docking Station
- Pocket-Hole Jig Clamp
- Adjustable Stop
- GripMaxx anti-slip
- Onboard tool storage
- Clamping pressure adjustment
- Dust collection
- Hardened steel drill guides
You can pick up the Kreg 720 and 720Pro Pocket Hole Jigs from any number of hardware or online stores beginning February 15. The KPHJ720 retails for $129.99, while the KPHJ720Pro will run you a bit more at $149.99. While both models include some pocket hole screws, some drill and driver bits, and a dust collection attachment, the 720Pro has some extras.
With the Kreg 720Pro, you also get the Docking Station. As Kreg tells us, this transforms the 720Pro into the ultimate benchtop work station by providing wings to support longer workpieces. These material support wings also provide some extra storage for screws and bits.
With the 720Pro, you also get the Pocket Hole Jig Clamp, which lets you secure your jig to a workstation. This clamp also works with 500-Series pocket hole jigs. Of course, both this clamp and the Docking Station are available separately as well.
Kreg also has a Custom Plug Cutter Drill Guide Kit (KPHA740) that creates plugs to blend into your project perfectly. It retails for $69.99.
For small projects, the Kreg Micro-Pocket Drill Guide Kits create smaller pocket holes. They work with 1/2″ material and narrow stock. The 530 Drill Guide Kit (KPHA530) works with 500-Series Pocket Hole Jigs, while the 730 Drill Guide Kit (KPHA730) is compatible with the 700-series jigs. Both retail for $49.99.
Kreg also has the Micro Drill Bit and Stop Collar available. You can pick up the KPHA540 for $16.99.
Kreg 720 and 720Pro Pocket Hole Jigs Specs
- Model: Kreg KPHJ720 and KPHJ720PRO
- Construction: Impact-resistant construction with steel reinforced spine
- Capacity: Materials from 1/2″ to 1-1/2″ thick
- Warranty: Lifetime drill-guide warranty
- Price: $129.99 (Kreg 720); $149.99 (Kreg 720Pro)
For more information about the Kreg 720 and 720Pro Pocket Hole Jigs, or any of the other products in the lineup, click here.