Milwaukee USB Battery Now Runs 20% Longer
The Milwaukee RedLithium USB 3.0 Ah battery delivers 20% more capacity for USB Rechargeable products. The updated batteries hit retailers in May 2020 with a price tag only slightly higher than the original Redlithium USB batteries.
Currently, the following tools use the Milwaukee RedLithium USB platform and can achieve upgraded run-time with the new 3.0 Ah cell:
- USB Rechargeable 700L Flashlight
- Low-Profile USB Rechargeable Headlamp
- USB Rechargeable Pivoting Flashlight
- Rover USB Rechargeable Pivoting Flood Light
- USB Rechargeable Hard Hat Headlamp
- USB Rechargeable Rover Pocket Flood Light
- Beacon USB Rechargeable Hard Hat Light
- USB Rechargeable Heated Gloves
- RedStick Digital Levels w/ Pin-Point Measurement
This is great news for anyone on the RedLithium USB platform or using any of these tools. Where the older model RedLithium USB featured a 2.5Ah capacity battery, the update jumps it up to 3.0Ah. The end result is a battery that runs for 20% longer on a charge.
As before, you can charge the RedLithium USB 3.0 cells in the tool or in a separate charger. Milwaukee optimizes RedLithium USB charge times with their hardware, so as to minimize downtime. It takes around two hours to fully charge this battery using either method. At a 2.1-amp charging rate, you also get at least an 80% charge in under 1 hour.
Shop Acme Tools
Milwaukee RedLithium USB 3.0 Reference
- Model: Milwaukee 48-11-2131
- Available: May 2020
- Warranty: 2 years
- Price: $24.99