Klein Non-Contact Voltage Tester with Laser Pointer NCVT-5
The newest Klein Non-Contact Voltage Tester is on its way with dual-range capability and an integrated laser pointer. It’s the latest in a line that includes models with a basic form, integrated flashlight, and integrated IR thermometer.
- Model NCVT-5
- Dual Range: 12 – 1000V and 70 – 1000V
- Integrated Laser
- Visual and Audio Indicators
- “Ben-proof” 3-meter drop tested
- Price: $23 – $26 online
The Klein NCVT-5 maintains the same general profile as the other testers in the line. The big difference in function between the 4IR model and this one is the addition of a second voltage range, giving it 12V – 1000V for low-voltage testing and a higher 70V – 1000V mode.
Klein also adds a laser pointer to the tester, giving you the ability to, well, point things out from a distance. There’s no magical electrician’s function other than that – unless you count giving your apprentice random pop quizzes about codes, tools, and equipment by quickly pointing them out on site.
You can expect to pay around $25 for this version of the Klein Non-Contact Voltage Tester, roughly half the cost of the IR thermometer model and $5 more than the NCVT-3 with a flashlight and a single testing range. They’re starting to show up at retail stores now.
You can discover more about the NCVT-5 at Klein’s website.
Klein Non-Contact Voltage Tester Key Features
- Dual-range (12V – 1000V, 70V – 1000V)
- 3-meter (9.9 feet) drop test rating
- Integrated class IIIA laser
- Audio and visual indicators
- Auto power-off
Klein NCVT-5 Specifications
- Model: Klein NCVT-5
- Power Source: 2 AAA batteries (included)
- Testing Range: 12V – 1000V, 70V – 1000V
- Estimated Battery Life: 31 hours (laser), 25 hours (tester with audio and visual indicators)
- Weight: 2.5 oz with batteries
- Length: 6.0″
- Price: ~$25
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $35.95Was: $53.96
- Price: $27.19