Ridgid recently announced its next-generation hand-held inspection cameras with the Ridgid Micro CA-350 Inspection Camera and Micro CA-150. As you surely expect, these carry a design to help plumbers inspect, locate, and diagnose issues. The Micro CA-350 Inspection Camera features a 12V rechargeable Li-Ion battery, image rotation, digital zoom, and up to a 32GB memory for photos and video. The Micro CA-150 Inspection Camera features an internal memory that can save up to 20 images. Both cameras have a 3.5-inch display, pistol grip design, LED lights, a 3-foot cable expandable to 30 feet, and a full lifetime warranty.
“We’re continuously researching new ways to upgrade existing tools to make them even better for plumbing professionals. The new features incorporated into the Micro CA-150 and Micro CA-350 provide more detailed inspections, whether that’s being able to review inspection images at a later time or spend more time looking at a drain.”
– James McGregor, Ridgid Global Marketing Director
The “red” side of Ridgid (Ridgid Emerson) continues to improve upon an incredibly useful tool – the inspection camera. These cameras at the end of flexible cables make plumbing diagnoses quicker, more accurate, and oftentimes more pleasant as they can go where we either can’t or simply would rather not go. And they allow for more thoughtful analysis as we can inspect problems without being contorted into uncomfortable positions.
Of the two cameras, the CA-350 is more versatile since it has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and video capacity – which the CA-150 does not – and a removable memory card of 8GB (expandable to 32GB) for playback on a computer. The CA-150 can store up to 20 images only for viewing on the device’s screen.
But both have a large, color screen which will make inspection and diagnosis easier. Before you think that video capability might be overkill, consider that sometimes problems aren’t static (there’s a clog) but rather dynamic (when I flush the toilet the kitchen sink gurgles and gasps for breath – true story, by the way) and getting to the bottom of them might be easier with video playback. It’s also helpful to record parts of the problem area in case you have to leave the jobsite to return later.
The four LED work lights with adjustable brightness will undoubtedly help solve plumbing mysteries much more quickly than any time in the past.
In any event, the 3-foot cable will likely be sufficient for many residential service applications, but it will be very handy to pick up some of the extensions to increase the reach up to 30 feet.
Even outside the plumbing trade, there are plenty of automotive, HVAC, and other problems to inspect with it, too!
Ridgid Micro CA-350 Inspection Camera Features
- Easily record still images and videos of problems in hard-to-reach areas
- 12V rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery provides longer runtime for extended inspections
- Comfortable pistol grip design, large screen, and easy to use interface
- Illuminate dark spaces with four bright LEDs on the waterproof aluminum camera head
- Get the perfect view with enhanced features like image rotation and digital zoom
Ridgid Micro CA-350 Inspection Camera Specifications
- Model Number: CA-350
- Display: 3.5-inch (90mm) Color TFT
- Camera Diameter: 0.7- to 11/16-inch (17mm)
- Lighting: 4 LEDs with adjustable brightness
- Cable Reach 3-feet (0,9m) (Expandable to 30-feet with optional extension, also compatible with microDrain, microReel and nanoReel)
- Images: JPG 640×480 Resolution
- Video: MP4 640 x 480 Resolution
- External Memory SD Card: up to 32 GB (8GB SD card included)
- Power Source: Rechargeable 12V Li-Ion Battery
- Includes: Micro CA-350 with 17mm imager, battery, charger, USB cable, hook, magnet and mirror accessories, RCA cable, AC adapter, headset with microphone, 8GB SD card
- Price: $451.99
Ridgid Micro CA-150 Inspection Camera Features
- Comfortable one-hand grip for steady control while maneuvering camera
- Large 3.5″ color display allows fast diagnosis in tight hidden spaces
- Illuminate dark areas with 4 bright LEDs on the waterproof camera head
- Capture up to 20 still images during inspections to playback on screen later
Ridgid Micro CA-150 Inspection Camera Specifications
- Model Number: CA-150
- Display: 3.5-inch(90 mm) Color LCD (320×240 Resolution)
- Camera Head: Aluminum 17 mm
- Lighting: 4 LEDs with adjustable brightness
- Cable Reach: 3-feet (0,9 m) (Expandable to 30-feet with optional extensions)
- Internal Memory: 20 images
- Playback: On screen only
- Waterproof: Camera head and Cable to 10 feet (3 m) (when properly assembled)
- Power Source: Batteries (4 x “AA”)
- Attachments: Mirror, Hook & Magnet
- Weight: 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg)
- Price: $198.26