The new Spyder Tools Skeleton Jig Saw Blade looks unlike any other blade I’ve come across. The most obvious change from tradition is the parallelogram shaped notches cut into the center of the blade (someone go tell my geometry teacher that I actually used the word “parallelogram” in the real world!). Those notches allow for heat dissipation. A cooler blade results in less deflection and straighter cuts.
The rip cut, gill shaped teeth are less obvious at first glance, but certainly innovative nonetheless. The design makes for cleaner and more precise cuts. It also allows the blade to remove material on both the up and down strokes so they maintain constant contact with the wood.
The Spyder Tools Skeleton Blades are manufactured in Germany for use with wood. They are available in 10 or 12 TPI (teeth per inch) as well as T-shank or U-shank designs to match the connection your jig saw requires. They are good for hardwoods, softwoods, and wood based materials.
Spyder Tools Skeleton Blades are available at your local Lowe’s home improvement store. A package of two currently runs about $6. To check out the Skeleton Blades or any of Spyder Tools’ innovative accessories, check our their website by clicking here.
Spyder Tools Skeleton Blade Feature Summary
- German manufactured unique blade design is patent pending
- Edges of the blade barely touch the sides of the cutting channel
- Frictional heat is dissipated through the notches in the blade
- Rectangular channel section results in straight cuts
- Rip-cut, gill shaped notches results in highly precise cuts and excellent durability
- Cuts hardwoods, softwoods, and wood based materials
- Available with T-shank or U-shank connection
- 10 TPI or 12 TPI (Teeth per Inch) availability
- Woodworking, multi-surface, and combo packs available
Take a look at the video from Spyder Products that introduces the Skeleton Jig Saw Blade.