If you’re going to design a tool specifically for rescue operations, you’ve got to do it right. All it takes is a whisper that it’s not effective and first responders won’t want anything to do with it. After all, their job is to save lives. They want the most effective tools on hand to help them in that role. It’s with that kind of user in mind that we see the new ChannelLock 86 Rescue Tool entering the scene.
We took a peak at ChannelLock’s 89 Rescue Tool a while back. That model was met with much enthusiasm in emergency responder circles. The new ChannelLock 86 Rescue Tool was designed specifically for firefighters. One of the biggest improvements is the XLT Joint. This spring loaded joint allows users to cut with considerably less force than traditional high leverage systems.
“We are proud to offer the latest addition to our line of Rescue Tools that have become the first choice with first responders and rescue professionals. We specifically designed the 86 Rescue Tool based on professionals’ feedback on what they need in a quality, lightweight rescue tool.”
– Ryan DeArment, vice president of sales and marketing of Channellock Inc.
ChannelLock 86 Rescue Tool Key Features
- Lock allows for quick storage in the bunker pocket
- Spring allows easy one-hand operation in high-stress situations
- Unique Jaw Design accommodates many shapes and provides maximum grip
- Unique Cutting Edges (laser heat-treated) last longer and easily cut hard and soft wire
- XLT JOINT technology requires considerably less force to cut than traditional high leverage designs
- Spanner Wrench tightens and loosens up to 5″ hose couplings
- Gas Valve Safety and Pry Bar shuts off gas safety valves and pries open windows and doors
ChannelLock 86 Rescue Tool Specification
- Overall Length: 9.03 in / 229.48 mm
- Jaw Capacity: 1.78 in / 45.38 mm
- Joint Thickness: 0.45 in / 11.43 mm
- Joint Width: 1.00 in / 25.40 mm
- Cutting Edge: 0.72 in / 18.38 mm
- Nose Width: 0.25 in / 6.47 mm
- Handle Span: 3.76 in / 95.55 mm
- Weight: 0.90 lbs / 412.00 g
- Price: $53.79
Check out other ChannelLock pliers and hand tools from our friends over at Acme Tools!