Klein Heavy-Duty Wire Stripper Gets a Boost in Strength
The Klein Heavy-Duty Wire Stripper is now quadruple the strength of Klein’s traditional wire strippers. We can thank a focus on heat treatment and steel blend along with a design closer to their classic Linesman pliers for the upgrade.
“We are confident that the tried-and-true process used to make Klein Tools pliers will be just as successful bringing strength and durability to our wire strippers. Wire strippers are used in tough situations and can take a beating over the years. Forging them in the best steel available means they will be around for years to come – and might even last as long as your Klein Tools pliers!”
– David Klein, associate director of product management at Klein Tools
Not all Klein hand tools go through the same heat treatment process. And not all of them feature the same steel blend. The best of both have been reserved for their heavy-duty cutting pliers and other tools expected to get high-leverage use.
But most Pros and many homeowners struggle with wire strippers that begin to bend and finally succumb to overlapping jaws as they weaken. It’s in tools like these that moving to better steels and forging processes really makes a difference in strength. The steel and forging don’t only increase the overall strength, but the functional ability of the stripper as well. The Klein Heavy-Duty Wire Stripper is the result and with roughly 400% greater strength, Pros will take notice.
A couple of main features jump out right off the bat. There’s a hot-riveted joint that gives Klein tools their signature smooth action. There are also thicker knurled jaws that can hold a twist up to three wires at a time. And a coil spring makes one-hand use easier.
Of course, it all comes with an additional cost – in this case, about a $15 increase. But when you can outlive an old pair 2, 3, or 4 times over, it’s worth it. Made in the USA and a Pro Tool Innovation Award Winner, these are going to be awfully tough to beat over the long haul.
Klein Heavy-Duty Wire Stripper Key Features
- Robust forged steel makes this 4 times stronger than other wire strippers
- Precision ground stripping holes
- Strips 10-18 AWG solid and 12-20 AWG stranded wire
- Twist up to three wires at a time
- 6-32 and 8-32 screw shearing
- Knurled jaw for twisting, grabbing and looping wire
- Induction hardened cutting knives for long life
- Hot-riveted joint ensures smooth action and no handle wobble
Klein Heavy-Duty Wire Stripper Specifications
- Model: Klein K12055
- Handle Color: Blue/Yellow
- Overall Length: 8” (203.2 mm)
- Strips and Cuts: 10-18 AWG Solid, 12-20 AWG Stranded
- Screw Shearing: 6-32 and 8-32
- Weight: 0.63 lb (0.29 kg)
- Height: 2-3/16” (55.6 mm)
- Width: 33/64” (13.1 mm)
- Warranty: Lifetime
- Price: $31.69
- Country of Origin: USA