Klein Hex Head Slide Driver Video Review
Pick two common hex head screw sizes you come across a lot. What did you choose? If you’re an electrician or an HVAC Pro, chances are you chose 1/4″ and 5/16″. And if that’s you, you’ll love the new Klein Hex Head Slide Driver in its 2-in-1 form. One way to make this multi-driver tool is to pull the shank out and flip it around. But to cover these two common sizes, Klein came up with an ingenious concept.
The head slides up and down slightly. In the lower position, you have a 1/4″ magnetic nut driver. Slide the head and secure it in place with the thumb wheel lock and you have a 5/16″ magnetic nut driver. The action is simple and smooth.
The Klein Hex Head Driver also comes in an 8-in-1 version with additional bit and driver sizes to add some versatility. You can read that review by clicking here.
So kick back in your office chair and check out the video. Be sure to stick around for the outtakes at the end and make sure your boss is out of earshot for a few minutes. Or he can watch it with you and you’ll be a hero for discovering his or her new favorite YouTube channel.
Video not your thing? You can read the review here.
Klein Hex Head Slide Driver Key Features
- Unique, patented tip switches from 1/4 inch size to 5/16 inch size
- Magnetic regardless of which driver is selected
- Twist the thumb nut to lock tip setting
- Cushion-Grip handle for added torque and comfort
- U.S. Patent 7,654,175 B2
Klein Hex Head Slide Driver Specs
- Overall Length: 3-23/64” (85.3 mm) or 10-1/4” (260.4 mm)
- Handle Length: 1.85” (47 mm) or 4-5/16” (109.5 mm)
- Handle Type: Cushion-Grip
- Shank Length: 1.5” (38.1 mm) or 6” (152.4 mm)
- Special Features: Slide Drive
- Price: $19.99 Stubby, $24.99 6″ Shaft