Southwire Side Cutting Combo Pliers SCP9TPCB
Southwire Side Cutting Combo Pliers Combines 8 Functions in 1 Tool
Southwire Side Cutting Combo Pliers continue the company’s move into forged multi-tools designed to meet the needs of electricians. This is an 8-in-1 tool, upgrading their previous side cutter combo tool.
- Model: Southwire SCP9TPCB
- Forged steel construction
- Reaming head
- Aggressive knurled jaw tips
- Bolt head pliers
- 12 AWG solid wire stripper
- Side cutters
- 6-32/8-32 bolt shears
- Fish tape puller
Southwire Side Cutting Combo Pliers Design and Functions
The Southwire SCP9TPCB have the basic size and shape of any 9″ side cutters. They’re forged steel and as heavy-duty as anything you’d see from Klein or other manufacturers. They stick with a hot rivet that’s smooth as silk when you’re working the pliers.
6″ handles give you better leverage than smaller multi-tool pliers and there are tether holes on both ends of them. The big deal is, of course, that they’re more than just side cutting pliers.
8 Tools in 1
As Southwire continues its march forward with more combination multi-tools, their side cutting combo pliers get an upgrade. Here’s what you can expect:
- Reaming Head: Side cutters aren’t as narrow as other pliers, and the reaming ridges start at roughly 7/8″.
- Knurled Jaw Tips: Aggressive cross-pattern knurling grabs securely for pulling and twisting.
- Bolt Head Pliers: Outward curved bolt head section lets you tighten or loosen bolts as small as 1/4″ head.
- 12 AWG Solid Wire Stripper: There’s room for just one wire stripper size and Southwire goes with the popular 12-gauge.
- Side Cutters: Straight induction hardened knife edges hold up well enough to even cut ACSR along with other standard wires and small cable.
- Bolt Shears: Standard 6-32 and 8-32 bolt shears sit recessed under the rivet.
- Crimper: The terminal crimper sits below the bolt shears where the 6″ handles offer better leverage than smaller combo pliers.
- Fish Tape Puller: Grab and pull fish tapes below the crimper.
With only 12-gauge wire stripping, this isn’t the one tool to rule them all for electricians. However, you can combine it with Southwire’s forged wire strippers, Romex strippers, and/or multi-tool pliers to put together a little combo kit that can replace half a dozen others or more.
As these make their way to Southwire’s major retailers, expect them to run in the $35 – $40 range.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $100.39Was: $112.00