Milwaukee M18 Fuel String Trimmer Video Review
Milwaukee did a nice job balancing the needs of a commercial landscaping Pro's supplementary tool and what we can reasonably expect from this class.
Buy it Online
The Milwaukee M18 Fuel String Trimmer was introduced along with the blower and hedge trimmer as a supplementary tool for commercial landscaping Pros. Up until recently, there hasn’t been much of a need for battery power in the Pro field, but increasing pressure to reduce noise and emissions is driving the push.
Milwaukee’s build quality is right in line with other string trimmers in this class with a couple of bonus considerations. There’s a metal ring on the bump head that should help extend its lifespan. The cutter screws also set into metal rather than plastic. Overdriving those screws often damages the guard before it ever cuts for the first time.
Using the Milwaukee M18 String Trimmer
Ergonomics are solid with low weight and excellent balance to offset the 9.0 amp hour battery pack. I really like that Milwaukee uses their tool overmold on the trigger handle. The support handle has a nice, soft rubberized grip, but you may want to use gloves if you’re working all day to prevent blisters and abrasions.
The top features Pros will want to know about begins with the line diameter. It comes with a 0.080-inch line but will accept 0.095-inch. I recommend you upgrade immediately. Two speeds are available. Low speed runs at 4600 RPM and does well for maintenance level grass cutting. High speed comes in at 5800 RPM and is needed for cutting back overgrown areas.
There are a couple of main limitations. First, commercial guys will want a shoulder strap for those long summer days. You’re also limited to about an hour of cutting time, so keep an extra battery or charger handy. Homeowners need to know that this model isn’t attachment ready.
There’s a lot more to talk about with the Milwaukee M18 Fuel String Trimmer, so check out the video or our full written review!
Milwaukee M18 Fuel String Trimmer Manufacturer’s Key Features
- Milwaukee Powerstate Brushless Motor provides more power, more run-time, and longer life
- The Milwaukee RedLithium Battery Pack is the most durable pack on the market delivering more run-time, power and longer battery life
- Redlink Plus Electronic Intelligence enables advanced communication between your batteries and tools, allowing for unmatched levels of performance, protection, and productivity
- High/low speed settings: Low extends run-time while providing plenty of power for grass trimming; High maximizes power to clear thick brush
- Full-sized, pro-head: accepts .080″ & .095″ line; holds 20′ of .095″ line; simple line replacement; improved durability and reliability
- 14″ cutting swath provides maximum run-time
- 16″ cutting swath provides maximum trimming performance
Milwaukee M18 Fuel String Trimmer Specifications
- Mode: Milwaukee 2725-21HD
- Battery: M18 RedLithium, 9.0 Ah
- Voltage: 18V
- Cutting Swat 14″ – 16″
- Line Diameter: 0.080″ / 0.095″
- Feed System: Bump Feed
- Length: 73.6″
- Height: 8.5″
- Width: 8.8″
- Fuel Type: Electric
- Line Feed Type: Bump
- Weight: 12.3 lbs
- Warranty: 5 years (tool), 3 years (battery)
- Includes: M18 RedLithium High Demand 9.0 Battery Pack, M18 & M12 Rapid Charger
- Price: $269 (kit), $199 (bare)