World of Concrete is always a ball for us since we get to look at so many cool new tools on the horizon. This year we got to take a look at one of the Skilsaw’s latest projects – the Skilsaw Medusaw Walk Behind Concrete Saw. If this sounds sort of familiar to you, well, you’re not going crazy. This new saw is foundationally a near-clone of the current Medusaw wet/dry cutting saw, but with a new articulating and telescoping handle that makes walking behind the saw comfortable for folks of varying heights.
The Skilsaw Medusaw Walk Behind Concrete Saw makes shallower, 2-inch cuts for contraction/expansion joints in your concrete slabs. It features a 15-amp worm-drive motor, aluminum motor and gear housing, and a 7″ blade. It can cut in either wet and dry conditions and comes with a kit that allows you to connect to a garden hose. If you’re working with a dust extractor, the Medusaw connect your vacuum to a port in the handle.
Skilsaw Medusaw Walk Behind Concrete Saw Features
- Worm drive concrete saw delivers a complete concrete cutting system with worm drive power and durability
- Adjustable handle extends to optimal height and folds for easy transport
- Wet/Dry dust management system controls dust for cleaner cuts and longer tool life
- Two-finger trigger reduces fatigue and improves control
- GFCI protection reduces the risk of shock to the user
- Die-cast aluminum housings, guard, and foot with rust-resistant brackets and fasteners resist corrosion for long life
- Pointer wheel mirrors the blade kerf for accurate cuts
- Large foot and oversized wheels for improved stability
- Powerful Dual-Field Motor increases cooling and extends tool life
Skilsaw Medusaw Walk Behind Concrete Saw Specs
- Model Number: SPT 79 A-10
- Blade Size: 7 in.
- Weight: 31.7 lbs.
- Amps: 15
- Max RPM (No Load): 5100
- Motor Gearing: Worm Drive
- Max Cut Depth At 90°: 2 in.
- MSRP: $569.28