Greenlee Shear 30T: Hydraulically Increasing Productivity
If shearing strut and threaded rod is your name, but you’d like to eliminate burrs and rework from your game, consider the Greenlee Shear 30T. Greenlee designed this powerful shearing solution to increase the efficiency of your shop. The Shear 30T promises to eliminate rework, improve precision, and increase productivity.
The Greenlee Shear 30T In A Nutshell
The Shear 30T is basically a mobile workstation that allows you to cleanly cut metal strut and threaded rod. It cuts so cleanly that it’s ready to use immediately without any de-burring or reworking. By providing 30 tons of hydraulic shearing force, even the toughest materials get sheared down to size in a matter of seconds.
It includes a quick change die system that makes swapping out dies a simple and tool-free affair. It has die grooves that ensure that dies are inserted correctly every time they’re swapped out. The only real trick is making sure the dies match as you insert them.
There are a handful of dies available now, but Greenlee is expanding for 2019. One exciting addition includes a die that allows the Shear 30T to cut up to 6 pieces of threaded rod at once.
The Greenlee Shear 30T includes a laser-marked measuring system with a movable stop arm that allows for quick, precise, consistent measuring. It also includes a material rest to keep your workpiece perpendicular and getting the cleanest shear. It works great on material up to 10 feet, but you may want extra support if you’re starting with 20-foot stock.
After making a shear, a retaining spring arm brings the die back to its starting position. You make the next cut without having to manually reset the system. When it comes to repeated cuts, it helps keep the process moving along much more efficiently.
Using the System
What makes the Greenlee Shear 30T attractive is how efficient it makes just one crew member. In the field, you’ll see a lot of Pros taking a portable band saw to make cuts in strut. You have to measure it, mark, it, clamp it, and cut it. The 30T makes the process much easier with its built-in measurement and stop system while the hydraulic pump and dies make a quicker, cleaner cut.
The Shear 30T certainly isn’t inexpensive, but it should quickly pay for itself in increased production in the field. It’s back at the shop where you’ll get even more from this system. With so many projects using BIM (Building Information Modeling), you know what sizes and numbers of material you’ll need in the field before you ever step foot on site. With an inventory list, you can task one crewman to make those in the shop. Doing that helps you keep up with the needs of multiple crews on a project.
Greenlee Shear 30T Features
- Hydraulic ram delivers 30 tons of force to quickly and easily shear through tough material
- Use with the Greenlee 980 Electric Hydraulic Pump or EHP700L11 Battery-Powered Hydraulic Pump
- Eliminates operator exerting force to cut material
- Straight, burr-free cuts and no secondary operation needed
- Quickly swap out dies with no tools or loose parts
- Operated with strong, durable steel dies, removing hot, exposed blades on the job
- Eliminates hot metal shavings and debris
- Hydraulic hose stays within the workstation
- Built-in measuring system for accurate cut lengths
- Material rest provides support and stability for straight, perpendicular cuts
- Price: $8437 at Acme Tools for the kit with pump or $5374 for the Shear 30T without pump
Check out your purchase options at Acme Tools.